Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the option to de-interlace using PD17ultra ?
Steve01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2014 14:32 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have just purchased PowerDirector 17ultra to trial it on 4k footage (as trial denies 4k) but also to de-interlace footage as well as edit SD and HD mpg files. I cannot see any reference to how to go about de-interlacing footage I have which as a test on a TV I am interested in buying I must de-interlace my test footage then burn it to dvd as progressive to see if only when de-interlaced it stops showing haircomb effects. I will also play it interlaced burned as interlaced to see if it identifies such and plays without comb effects, hope it does, then far less work to do on my stash of footage I need to feed it.

Please give me a step by step on how I can bring in my .mpg footage and deinterlace it and what options are available or if it applies just one type of de-interlacing.

I tried Handbrake which has a decomb option only de-interlacing if it identifies a section with comb effects, this has Bob and other Bob with number settings.

Hope PD17Ultra has such options as well.

I have googled this, read the manual, searched on de-interlacing spelt various ways, found absolutely nothing on allowing a beginner to find this de-interlacing section. I even rang Cyberlink and the guy there just floundered for 20 mins whilst my phone bill rocketed from the UK.

Steve01
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You are on to it. There are no consumer video editing software that will put progressive videos on a dvd that I can find.
Steve01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2014 14:32 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You are on to it. There are no consumer video editing software that will put progressive videos on a dvd that I can find.

I have that ability, I just need to know where in PD is the de-interlacing section that I am told it has ? I even see reference to PD and smart deinterlacing by some poster saying he needs options within that, he doesnt say where in PD he found that which he then ran though.

Steve01
[Post New]
I have that ability

MPEG2 on DVD video disc is interlaced, that is spec, if you make a disc out of spec, it cannot be played on regular DVD players.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Video_data

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2019 22:46

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can make progressive Blu-Ray discs and progressive videos that can be played from flash drives and on YouTube from interlaced sources, just not standard DVDs. PD will automatically de-interlace when you produce.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2019 00:23

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°