Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing Folders
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have a couple of folders with about 25 jpeg photos in each.

I can import them as individual photos, but I would like to import both groups of photos as folders. But when I try to use the "import folder" feature, PHD10 tells me there are no photos there.

Shouldn't the photos upload and give me a new folder in the "folders" menu?

Thanks,
John
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you sure that PhD "tells you" there are no photos there, or are you simply seeing a blank/empty folder when you browse for it?

If it's the latter, that's the way Windows works when you're searching for folders (and not contents):

Once you select the folder and click OK, PhD will then show all the contents of the selected folder, like this:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I click on the menu and then import photos, I see all of the photos in the folder.

When I click on the menu and then import folders, I see a notice that there are no photos there.

Thanks,
John
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I click on the menu and then import photos, I see all of the photos in the folder.

When I click on the menu and then import folders, I see a notice that there are no photos there.

I'm not really sure what to tell you. Take a look at this quick video, and you can see what importing a folder should look like:

You may want to watch a few tutorials (click here for the Cyberlink Learning Center) to understand how to work with your images in PhD. Some things are obvious, and some are harder to figure out without help or spending a lot of time exploring and experimenting.
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata,

Ok. Thanks. That's how I thought it was supposed to work. And it does if the folder and images originate on the same computer as the PhD 10. However, if I create a new folder on a networked computer, and scan photos into it, the photos do not appear.

I cannot find any instructions to address a networked folder.

Thanks for anything you can add.
optodata
[Post New]
PhD relies on Windows to handle all of the file and folder access, so as long as the folder is reachable in the browse/select window, PhD should be able to access and import the contents. As afar as I'm aware, there aren't any additional steps needed to access a network drive.

One thing that may help is to make sure you have a drive letter (like N:) assigneed to the network drive. Google for more info on how to do that.

If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest manually copying the contents to a local drive or contact Cyberlink tech support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2020 23:16

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PhD relies on Windows to handle all of the file and folder access, so as long as the folder is reachable in the browse/select window, PhD should be able to access and import the contents. As afar as I'm aware, there aren't any additional steps needed to access a network drive.

One thing that may help is to make sure you have a drive letter (like N assigneed to the network drive. Google for more info on how to do that.

If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest manually copying the contents to a local drive or contact Cyberlink tech support.
jaydigital [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi optodata,

Ok, I'll keep working to see what I need to do to my network setting to get the photos to come along with it.

Just wanted confirmations that they should be there.

Thanks,
John