Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector does not use dedicated GPU for acceleration purposes
Henning1979 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2019 12:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am having the problem that Powerdirector is only using the integrated graphics of my CPU (AMD Vega . My Notebook has a dedicated GPU (Radeon RX560X) which is more powerful, but I simply cannot get this to work with this program.

In the Radeon settings the PDR.exe is locked for selection of the GPU. Default is the integrated Vega and I cannot change this.
I found a video on Youtube showing how to select a preference for the GPU in Windows but this does not help. I can see in the task manager that the dedicated GPU is ideling. I assume that the Radeon settings value prevails.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Many thanks.

Henning

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2019 13:15

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I am having the problem that Powerdirector is only using the integrated graphics of my CPU (AMD Vega . My Notebook has a dedicated GPU (Radeon RX560X) which is more powerful, but I simply cannot get this to work with this program.

In the Radeon settings the PDR.exe is locked for selection of the GPU. Default is the integrated Vega and I cannot change this.
I found a video on Youtube showing how to select a preference for the GPU in Windows but this does not help. I can see in the task manager that the dedicated GPU is ideling. I assume that the Radeon settings value prevails.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Many thanks.

Henning

You have checked in “Setup Bios” if you have an option to choose which video card to enable.