Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 17 and Blue screen fatal crash
WM23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2013 02:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded power Director 17 last week, and it was working fine. After the recent Windows 10 update (Few days ago) power director kept crashing showing the fatal blue screen that says: FAGE_FAULT_ IN_NONPAGE AREA. affected file nvlddmkm.sys. I searched or the driver nvlddmkm.sys at windows\system32\drivers, and it was missing. I reinstalled the driver from nividia directory and placeed it back in system32\drivers folder. After running power director 17 again, it displayed a message that it needs to optimize nividia, and it ran for a minute. Starting editing and blue screen crash came on and the problem repeated. I tried all the usual manuvers like updating the driver with clean installation, checking windows troubleshooting, updating windows to the latest update with no value.
My graphic card is nividia Gforce 670. The computer works fine and all the graphics and videos work well without any crash for hours, but as soon as I run power Director 17 and start editing, the problem happen in a minute. By the way I have power Director 14 on the same computer and was working well. Any idea how to fix this problem? Thank you
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If your PD 17 is the lifetime license, Remove it, then Re-install. It looks like something happened on install. I suggest turn off your malware scanner before installing.

If you have Powerdirector 365 (subscription model), remove and run the CyberLink Application Manager, to reinstall the software. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I also ran into this problem a few weeks ago and started this thread, but I wasn't able to track down exactly what the problem was. I was in the middle of a big project then and switched over to my UHD Graphics 630 GPU to avoid the nVidia crashes, but since nobody else reported the issue until you just did, I hadn't given it any thought recently.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
WM23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2013 02:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My Power Director is the life time license.
The Windows was updated.
The nvidia driver was updated to the latest version.
Power Director was removed and reinstalled after disabling the windows defender.
The problem was not solved. After a minute of editing, the blue screen comes in with the following message:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA , failed file nvlddmkm.sys.
The fact is the new Nvidia driver does not have the file nvlddmkm.sys any more, I checked system32/drivers, and this driver is not part of the new nvidia drivers. So power Director still rely on this system file that is not there.
The computer is working fine, all programs and videos are working fine and the computer does not crash at all, only when I run power Director and in a minute, the blue screen comes and freezes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2019 08:13

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also ran into this problem a few weeks ago and started this thread, but I wasn't able to track down exactly what the problem was. I was in the middle of a big project then and switched over to my UHD Graphics 630 GPU to avoid the nVidia crashes, but since nobody else reported the issue until you just did, I hadn't given it any thought recently.

Reference post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79867.page .

I have had issues with windows 10 and the uhd 630 graphics when videos are opened with the Movies and TV app. The whole monitor screen will have a pink tint. A screenshot does not show that pink tint. Windows update state I have the best and latest Intel graphics driver which is from 2018. I updated it to a july 2019 release dch graphics driver from the Intel website. It resolved the problem.

Article on Intel Graphics drivers for windows 10: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers-windows-10 .

Looking to buy either a rtx 2060 super or a rtx 2070 for the same price. Found that the later windows update could mean that universal drivers paradigm like nvidia dch drivers may be desired. Further research show that installing the nvidia standard drivers may cause instability if the previous were dch ones. See this post: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/300521/nvidia-dch-standard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq/ . This may or may not explain the stability issue that optodata experienced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2019 21:17