Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Write Arabic text in PhotoDirector & PowerDirector
hsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2019 04:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all
I wonder why such programs from a huge company like CyberLink with these amazing software s do not support the Arabic language in all software ?!
One of the people here helped me and I downloaded a small program called (Arabic writer) that converts the language but I don't like this way really!
I tried it in the PowerDirector I added a text, it worked well BUT for PhotoDirector did not work as well it added part of the text and can't use fonts as well as in the PowerDirector.
I hope that Arabic will automatically be added to the new version of all programs
here in PowerDirector: http://prntscr.com/op22nm
here in PhotoDirector: http://prntscr.com/op24d2
Is there any help, please?
Thanks

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2019 01:30

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a known issue with several languages, inlcuding Punjabi and Thai. That last post has a solution that OP found, but I don't know if you'll be able to find a suitable Arabic font.
hsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is a known issue with several languages, inlcuding Punjabi and Thai. That last post has a solution that OP found, but I don't know if you'll be able to find a suitable Arabic font.

Hello
Thanks for your reply
Cyberlink should add Arabic language as other language added
Also in photodirector I can paste Arabic text well in create slideshow tab but in Layer tab the issue occurred!
About Arabic fonts yes I can see in the list of font all Arabic fonts with English fonts that installed in my os.
What do u mean by : That last post has a solution that OP found?
Waiting for your reply plz and if others can help me
Thanks
Regards
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Cyberlink should add Arabic language as other language added

The best way to tell them is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under the File menu in PD, and under the Help menu in PhD.

Quote What do u mean by : That last post has a solution that OP found?

OP stated "If you install the font "TH Sarabun New" (I got it from f0nt.com), you can use it to render the text correctly." which solved his problem using Thai characters.

He said Googling in English didn't turn up anything useful, so try it in Arabic. The f0nt.com website is only for Thai fonts, but there may be a similar one with Arabic fonts that will work properly with these Cyberlink apps.

You can also try using apps that properly display the letters, and take screen captures and paste them into your photos and videos as images, as shown here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2019 19:07

hsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello
thanks for your reply
i tried many ways but all same issue!
Cyberlink should add Arabic language as the number of Arabic countries is 22 , and any one should write arabic normally without any outside software!
also i wonder why i can paste a arabic text from (Arabic writer) normaly in Powerdirector and in Create tab in photodirector but in Layers tab i can't !?
waiting for you
thanks
hsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello
I suggest fast solve this issue until Cyberlink will add Arabic Language supported , by making the same Edit Text module in Create into Layers in photodirector cause in create and in Layers Tab
regards,
optodata
[Post New]
I don't know why the Layers text is different from the text in Create. The suggestions I gave were to work around the issue, but I'm a forum volunteer and I can't fix the problem with PhD or PD.

You will have to contact Cyberlink Support here to submit a trouble ticket. Please copy the URL of this thread when you write the problem details, because support does not see what's written here. You should also post the ticket number back here (it will start with "CS") to make sure they can read everything that's happened so far.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
hsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello
thanks for your reply
i sent the url to support
waiting their reply
thanks
regards
hsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ticket id CS002047085
hsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello all
anyone can help me?
i am unable to write arabic text in Layers properly!