Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
open psd and ai file
hsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2019 04:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
anyway to open psd and ai file using photodirector?
[Post New]
Hello hsh,

Welcome to the PhD forum.

.psd & .ai are proprietry formats of Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator, so (without that software) you will not be able to open those files as intended i.e. with editable layers.

You can open .psd files as flattened images in various freeware graphics applications - GIMP, Paint.NET, IrfanView are a few. Saved as .jpg, .png or .tif you can open them in PhD.

.ai files should open in GIMP & (freeware) Inkscape.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
hsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2019 04:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello hsh,

Welcome to the PhD forum.

.psd & .ai are proprietry formats of Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator, so (without that software) you will not be able to open those files as intended i.e. with editable layers.

You can open .psd files as flattened images in various freeware graphics applications - GIMP, Paint.NET, IrfanView are a few. Saved as .jpg, .png or .tif you can open them in PhD.

.ai files should open in GIMP & (freeware) Inkscape.

PIX

thanks for your help
Cratus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2019 19:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for useful editor since I constantly update my site for content use. PhotoDirector is quite a great & functional editor that saves me a lot of time.