Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD change Speak Setup to Stereo
Minyu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2019 03:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I use HDMI passthrough Audio to Denon Receiver to decode Atmos or DTS X when I play Blue-ray movie by PowerDVD 17.
I setup Speaker as Atoms Theater in Windows 10. But the Speaker always be changed to Stereo once I played movie by PowerDVD 17.
My computer is intel NUC 7i7. The same symptoms in PowerDVD 19.
[Thumb - after play movie by PowerDVD.png]
 Filename
after play movie by PowerDVD.png
[Disk]
 Description
after play movie by PowerDVD
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - before play movie by PowerDVD.png]
 Filename
before play movie by PowerDVD.png
[Disk]
 Description
before play movie by PowerDVD
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
According to your screenshots, it seems the setting is controlled by Windows or the audio device application that is in charge of the Dolby audio output.

It's unlikely powerdvd alternated the output configuration on Windows if you already set non-decoded pass-through out mode for HDMI audio in powerdvd settings.

The app that offer you the options to set your speaker as "ATMOS Theater" is probably the one, which is accountable for this change.

And, powerdvd does not officially support the pass-through of Dolby ATMOS and DTS-X.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2019 04:24

Minyu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2019 03:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote According to your screenshots, it seems the setting is controlled by Windows or the audio device application that is in charge of the Dolby audio output.

It's unlikely powerdvd alternated the output configuration on Windows if you already set non-decoded pass-through out mode for HDMI audio in powerdvd settings.

The app that offer you the options to set your speaker as "ATMOS Theater" is probably the one, which is accountable for this change.

And, powerdvd does not officially support the pass-through of Dolby ATMOS and DTS-X.

You are exactly right. I set "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in Windows sound settings. If I disable this feature, the PowerDVD just pass-through audio as Dolby Digital/DTS.

No problem using MPC-HC to play Blue-ray vedio.
[Thumb - powerDVD settings.png]
 Filename
powerDVD settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD settings
 Filesize
5311 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Windows Sound Settings.png]
 Filename