Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Soften music to hear voices better
BlairC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida, US Joined: Dec 10, 2013 18:37 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
My friend created a fitness video in her studio where her and her trainee spoke sometimes, THEN she added music to it afterwards from some iphone app and the music is too loud to understand the voices well. Ugggggg

Is there any way for me to use AudioDirector to now turn down the ONLY the music volume so the voices can be understood more? I see only one audio track when I open in my PowerDirector or AudioDirector and don't see a way to seperate them now that she already crerated the video.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If there's any way to get the original video from her, that's going to be the best option for producing a clean soundtrack. You could then use PD's audio ducking feature to put in the music track and automatically lower it when someone is speaking.

If getting a clean video isn't going to happen, there's a vocal removal option in AD that can be often be tweaked to do just the opposite - remove much of the music. You may also have some success in using the noise reduction, visual cleanup and/or equalizer tools to try and preserve/extract as much of the vocal components as possible. You're likely going to have to do a lot of experimenting

Once you've done that, there will certainly still be a noticeable amount of music in the background, but if you apply that same music track in PD and properly sync it, you should end up seeing an overall improvement over what you currently have.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I never thought to ask, but is there a formal "ducking" effect?

Quote If there's any way to get the original video from her, that's going to be the best option for producing a clean soundtrack. You could then use PD's audio ducking feature to put in the music track and automatically lower it when someone is speaking.

If getting a clean video isn't going to happen, there's a vocal removal option in AD that can be often be tweaked to do just the opposite - remove much of the music. You may also have some success in using the noise reduction, visual cleanup and/or equalizer tools to try and preserve/extract as much of the vocal components as possible. You're likely going to have to do a lot of experimenting

Once you've done that, there will certainly still be a noticeable amount of music in the background, but if you apply that same music track in PD and properly sync it, you should end up seeing an overall improvement over what you currently have.
Continuous member since the AVID, Pinnacle days... Cyberlink erased my original profile (dohh!) so now I'm a newbie again!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I never thought to ask, but is there a formal "ducking" effect?

In PowerDirector, yes, but not natively in AD that I'm aware of. You can search for VST add-on modules that support ducking (or sidechaining) and load them into AD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°