Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Support for 10-bit (4:2:2) color grading?
Steve Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2016 21:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I shoot with GH5/GH5S with latest firmware versions.

Does ColorDirector support color grading/editing 10-bit color (4:2:2)?

Does it support the ALL-I codec (4K/4:2:2/50fps/400Mbps)?

I have an important shoot and would love to film and edit at a higher quality, but not looking to switch from PowerDirector/ColorDirector.

I'll happily edit with proxy files in PowerDirector (using ffmpeg to generate them) but would like to color correct/render using higher end codecs.

Thanks!
[Post New]
Hello Steve,

I'd love to be able to say "I shoot with GH5/GH5S", but I cannot frown

Have you tested any such footage in CDR? The samples I have in my collection don't match those specifications in every respect. e.g. I downloaded the "original" version of this clip, which is 4K ProRes10 bit 4:2:2 600Mbps (ungraded) but (of course) it's been edited & rendered. MediaInfo for the clip is attached. You'll see it was shot with a pre-production camera using beta firmware.

CDR7 had no issues importing, grading (LUTs) & making other adjustments using that particular clip, but that doesn't necessarily answer your question.

I'm currently searching for more recent GH5 sample files that might match your specifications.

PIX
 Filename
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 C4K Ungraded 4_2_2 10 Bits V-log 150mbs Constance Flowers.mov.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
532 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Something I just came across that you may find of interest. There's some interesting technical analysis linked on that page, not that I'm pretending to completely understand it (!).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
epsilon_5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2019 05:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I shoot with GH5/GH5S with latest firmware versions.

Does ColorDirector support color grading/editing 10-bit color (4:2:2)?

Does it support the ALL-I codec (4K/4:2:2/50fps/400Mbps)?

I have an important shoot and would love to film and edit at a higher quality, but not looking to switch from PowerDirector/ColorDirector.

I'll happily edit with proxy files in PowerDirector (using ffmpeg to generate them) but would like to color correct/render using higher end codecs.

Thanks!

Obviously not: I tried with a 4k video and 10 bit colourprofil DLOG-M available on my DJI Mavic 2 pro, but it doesn't work. I hope Cyberlink will come up with suitable updates.