Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles in HDR mode
Marius_Sandu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2019 02:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I have a problem with 4k HDR movies. The subtitle is not showing . When i move the mouse and the menu appears the subtitle also is shown. I have Win 10 on NUC8I5 with latest drivers.
Do you know a solution?
Thank you!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I have a problem with 4k HDR movies. The subtitle is not showing . When i move the mouse and the menu appears the subtitle also is shown. I have Win 10 on NUC8I5 with latest drivers.
Do you know a solution?
Thank you!

I'm also having this exact same issue. Worked fine in PowerDVD 17, but not 19.
Marius_Sandu [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm also having this exact same issue. Worked fine in PowerDVD 17, but not 19.

Also worked fine in PowerDVD 18. I will send all the necessary data to the technical support. I think it is a program bug.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Also worked fine in PowerDVD 18. I will send all the necessary data to the technical support. I think it is a program bug.

Have you had any luck with the support? I also submitted a ticket in but they said that they could not reproduce the error.

I'm also running an Intel Nuc, so maybe there's a problem with that driver

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2019 15:01

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
My PC worked with the HDR and subtitle fine with poweredvd 19. However it is not an Intel Nuc.

It seems the issue is highly relevant with the graphic processing for HDR.
If your PC is an Intel Nuc, are you able to install the latest GPU driver from them?

There are lots of laptop (using Intel GPU) from different manufacturers prohibits new driver (from Intel) installation on the platform. However, Intel keeps releasing new drivers to fix discovered issues.
It is not a good thing as Windows OS keeps updating that might occur new compatibility issues or security issue as time goes by.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My PC worked with the HDR and subtitle fine with poweredvd 19. However it is not an Intel Nuc.

It seems the issue is highly relevant with the graphic processing for HDR.
If your PC is an Intel Nuc, are you able to install the latest GPU driver from them?

There are lots of laptop (using Intel GPU) from different manufacturers prohibits new driver (from Intel) installation on the platform. However, Intel keeps releasing new drivers to fix discovered issues.
It is not a good thing as Windows OS keeps updating that might occur new compatibility issues or security issue as time goes by.

I'm using all the latest driver for my Intel Nuc.

Seems like there might be a bug with PowerDVD and the GPU drivers for Nuc.
Marius_Sandu [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm using all the latest driver for my Intel Nuc.

Seems like there might be a bug with PowerDVD and the GPU drivers for Nuc.

They didn't gave me a solution and recommended me to send the movie. I have latest video drivers. I think it is a powerdvd 19 bug.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

They didn't gave me a solution and recommended me to send the movie. I have latest video drivers. I think it is a powerdvd 19 bug.

Yes it most likely is. They keep blaming Intel though.

I ended up getting a refund and started using VLC instead.
KennyKim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2019 01:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same symptoms (Intel NUC + Windows 10 + PowerDVD 19). If you turn on HDR in Windows 10, subtitles will disappear. I want to use the HDR function but now it is not. The PowerDVD technical team hopes to resolve this issue quickly.
Bronze_F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2015 21:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Intel had abandoned the graphic driver updates for NUC for a long time, but finally released the new graphic driver updates at the end of 2019 to cover for most of previous Intel NUC models:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29230/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-for-Intel-NUC

Try that new one that includes all the HDR issue fixing in the past between new Windows 10 versions.
rooki11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2020 13:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
Do you know a solution?
Thank you!

STILL SAME ISSUE AFTER UPDATING NUC DEVICE ?!
ChrisChiu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2020 06:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I encountered the same problem. On the Dell optiplex 7070 (intel GPU), it seems to be 4k more than necessary. The same subtitles will disappear in 1080pHDR.
I have updated to the latest win10 and latest graphics driver. Throws can't solve the problem.

I believe this is a bug, should cyberlink fix it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2020 22:52