Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple streams with multiple frame rates going out of sync
leonpmu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2014 04:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there everyone.

I am using multiple cameras and I have found it on 2 projects recently.

On the one Project I am using a Panasonic MDH2 shooting at 1080p 50fps, a JVC shooting at 25FPS and a Sony shooting at 25fps.

On the other I am using the same MDH2 with another Panasonic MDH1 shooting at 25FPS and a Sony shooting at 25FPS.

I have used multicam in each instance and eventually at some point all the footage goes out of sync.

So, my point is, does PD16 not know how to deal with this and should I then rather convert my MDH2 foortage from 50fps to 25fps befroe starting to edit?

The other thing I have noticed is that PD16 doesn't show me the audio wave when using these cameras together.

Any suggestions / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Most of these topics are well covered on the forum already. Do a search for each issue, one at a time, and post back here with any additional questions.

If you find that an existing post doesn't quite answer your question, please post the link to it here with your specific question. The more details you include in your question, the easier/quicker it will be for a forum volunteer to answer.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
leonpmu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Most of these topics are well covered on the forum already. Do a search for each issue, one at a time, and post back here with any additional questions.

If you find that an existing post doesn't quite answer your question, please post the link to it here with your specific question. The more details you include in your question, the easier/quicker it will be for a forum volunteer to answer.

Hi there, in fact, I did a search of the forums and unfortunately I didn't find anything that answered my question. If you have a link for me to one that would answer my question I would be grateful.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there, in fact, I did a search of the forums and unfortunately I didn't find anything that answered my question. If you have a link for me to one that would answer my question I would be grateful.

Hmm. I got 124 hits when I searched for "waveform" including the one that describes exactly how to cure the problem.

I got over 350 results when searching for "frame rate" and while many of them aren't related to your question, several recent ones are, like this one and this one and this one.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

leonpmu [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hmm. I got 124 hits when I searched for "waveform" including the one that describes exactly how to cure the problem.

I got over 350 results when searching for "frame rate" and while many of them aren't related to your question, several recent ones are, like this one and this one and this one.

Thanks for that, I have searched that wavefrom issue for weeks now, got lots of suggestion sfrom different places, none of them worked.

I am not sure of you noticed though, the that different frame rates issue is something that I have found no solution for when doing my search.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I am not sure of you noticed though, the that different frame rates issue is something that I have found no solution for when doing my search.

That's not a typical problem, and it would help if you could provide some concrete specifics. Please start by following the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread at the top of the PD16 forum, and attach all requested items.

Next, please take a look at this very recent thread. The OP had a problem that was due to some clips being 2-3 frames longer than 1 minute, which meant that they would eventually go out of sync if he only aligned the first pair of clips. Is that possibly something that's happening to you? Does syncing a single set of clips work correctly in the MultiCam Designer, as opposed to trying to work with a longer string of clips on each track?

Can you upload the produced version to YouTube to show the sync issue? It would also help to see what your timeline (or the MCD timeline) looks like for that section as well. If you're comfortable sharing your source clips, uploading them to a cloud folder and pasting the link to them here would allow other peoiple to experiement and see if they run into the sync issue on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

leonpmu [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's not a typical problem, and it would help if you could provide some concrete specifics. Please start by following the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread at the top of the PD16 forum, and attach all requested items.

Next, please take a look at this very recent thread. The OP had a problem that was due to some clips being 2-3 frames longer than 1 minute, which meant that they would eventually go out of sync if he only aligned the first pair of clips. Is that possibly something that's happening to you? Does syncing a single set of clips work correctly in the MultiCam Designer, as opposed to trying to work with a longer string of clips on each track?

Can you upload the produced version to YouTube to show the sync issue? It would also help to see what your timeline (or the MCD timeline) looks like for that section as well. If you're comfortable sharing your source clips, uploading them to a cloud folder and pasting the link to them here would allow other peoiple to experiement and see if they run into the sync issue on their systems.

Hi there unfortuantely I don't have the right to upload the video as it belongs to my client.

What I can say is thank you very much for the link regarding the audio waveform, the solution fixed my wavefrom issue.

The basic issue seems to be that when using the cameras that have a mixture of film shot on 25fps and 50fps it seems like thaudio goes out of sync on a 25fps timeline.

Thanks for your time to respond to my questions.

Cheers
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hi there unfortuantely I don't have the right to upload the video as it belongs to my client.

What I can say is thank you very much for the link regarding the audio waveform, the solution fixed my wavefrom issue

That's completely understandable. I would suggest that you use the MultiCam Designer with only one of clip on each track, rather than adding mutliple clips. Since the clips start in sync and eventually go out of it, keeping the duration of each section short and syncing more often (by using more discrete MCD sections) should do the trick.

You should also make sure you're running v3424, which is the most recent version of PD16.

YouTube/optodata

leonpmu [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's completely understandable. I would suggest that you use the MultiCam Designer with only one of clip on each track, rather than adding mutliple clips. Since the clips start in sync and eventually go out of it, keeping the duration of each section short and syncing more often (by using more discrete MCD sections) should do the trick.

You should also make sure you're running v3424, which is the most recent version of PD16.

Thanks for that suggestion on the single bits at a time, I will try that.

Thanks, PD16 is fully up to date.

Regards