Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Picture jitter when video files are played in the library, timeline, and final DVD.
Rob41 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2019 06:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I reciently renewed my computer as it had the odd problem with not enough memory to comlpete the projects I produced.
The quality of the picture right through from capture to burning a DVD has always been very good but after setting up my new computer and transfering the programs needed etc from the old computer I noticed that the quality had deteriated to a very poor level.
I only noticed the deteriation of the picture after updating all drivers as advised and updating the Cyberlink 16 program with the latest patch before exporting to my new computer.

All video files I use in the Cyberlink editing program play perfectly well before and direct from there various storage hardrives etc before being sent to edit in the editing program.

The problem I am experiencing is bad shimmering with parts of the picture especialy vertical and horizontal lines when panning or moving in a vehicle.

I do not have the same problem when useing an Interlaced video to edit and burn a DVD but only it seems when using a video that has been formated in Progressive.
It does not make a difference if a disk is burnt direct from the timeline or using a produced profile to do the same.

The video specifications I capture footage at in my cameras are 1920x1080, 4x3 , 25 frames and 30 frames.

The old PC setup was a 8 year old i7-860- 2.8GHZ. GTS250 1GB Graphics. Gigibyte Ga-P55-UD3R. Windows 7 Home 32bit

The new PC setup is MSI X299 Raider LGA 2066 motherboard. Intel Core i5 760X Quad core 4.00ghz unlocked Processor.
Asus Geforce GTX 1060 GOG Stix Gaming 6GB Video card. 16GB DDR4 CL14 2400MHZ Memory Card. Windows 10 64bit.

My latest program is the Cyberlink 365 17 that I bought hoping that it would rectify my ptoblem with the unstable footage I am experiencing. It has not.

Hopeing someone has experienced a simlar problem or can offer help and a solution for me. Regads Robert.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would be very helpful if you would please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see which video drivers are installed and how your new system is generally configured. Please also aattach a screenshot of PowerDirector's version screen as described in the instructions there.

It would also help if you could upload a short sample clip from each of your cameras to a cloud folder on Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to them here. That way, we can glean the details from each clip and help ensure that PD is 1) reading the clips correctly, and 2) provide you with some recommendations for the timeline frame rate and the output produce profile.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2019 01:58

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Rob41 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2019 06:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It would be very helpful if you would please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see which video drivers are installed and how your new system is generally configured. Please also aattach a screenshot of PowerDirector's version screen as described in the instructions there.

It would also help if you could upload a short sample clip from each of your cameras to a cloud folder on Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to them here. That way, we can glean the details from each clip and help ensure that PD is 1) reading the clips correctly, and 2) orovide you with some recommendations for the timeline frame rate and the output produce profile.

Hi optodata. Thank you for replying to my post concerning picture shimmer.

To compere the results from my various cameras I use when makeing movies I compiled a short video of their individual recorded
footage and the results after burning a DVD and playing on a HD TV.

A . SVHSC. Analog 720x576 Interlaced 4x3 25fps
JVC. Digital 720x576 Interlaced 4x3 25fps Good picture
Canon. Digital 720x576 Interlaced 4x3 25fps

B. Nikon Digital 1280x1082 Progressive 16x9 25fps
Dashcam. Digital 1280x720 Progressive 16x9 30fps very bad shimmer.
Drone. Digital 1920x1080 Progressive 16x9 25fps

The shimmer with B video footage is evident right through the process of preview, Timeline, Authoring, then recorded on a DVD and played on a TV.

If a DVD that has been Produced and is made direct from the hardrive that it was stored in bypassing the PowerDirector program will play perfectly on a computer without the shimmer but it will not play on a TV.

The Produce analyser recommended - As source. 12.56% - Profile name. Custom Profile - File format. MPEG4 - File extension. MP4 - Resolution. 1920x1080 - frame rate. 25 - Bitrate.35.000K

The Produce settings were - Standard 2D - H.264 AVC - MP4 - Default - MPEG-4 1280x720/25p - 16Mpbs - Pal

Power Director version. Build number. 17.6.3004.0 SR number. VDE 190412 - 02

I do not know how to send the comparison video I made to you and would be gratefull for any info and procedure how to.

Regards Robert.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
140 time(s)
[Thumb - Comparison Formats 3.png]
 Filename
Comparison Formats 3.png
[Disk]
 Description
Dashcam
 Filesize
753 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Comparison Formats 2.png]
 Filename
Comparison Formats 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Nikon camera
 Filesize
913 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting the details, screenshots and DxDiag results. There is a newer nVidia driver for your GTX 1060, but your driver is only two months old and shouldn't be causing any issues.

One thing you can do is to right click on one clip from each camera on the timeline in PD and choose Set Clip Attributes, then Set TV Format... and make sure that each one is correctly set as progressive. If any are set as interlaced, you'll need to change each clip from that camera on your timeline to progressive. Try producing again if you've had to change this setting.

Also, what is the project frame rate set to? You have five sets of 25fps clips and one that's 30, and that's the one that's giving you trouble. You could try producing to 25p (same as before) but with the project set to 25, 30 and 50 fps and see how that affects the shimmer.

Finally, the forum will not allow attachments larger than 5MB, and since your clips will be much larger than that, you'll need to upload them to OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive or a similar cloud sharing service if you want me to test them out. If you do not have access to one, send me a Private Message and I'll give you a link to a OneDrive folder that you can upload them to.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°