Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 no longer runs after patch - missing install media
Germishuys [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2019 16:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Good day all
I have an LG BR writer and use that to watch movies.
I install a PowerDVD 12 patch some time back, and now the software crashes wtih an error. I have tried uninstalling, but am unable to local my install media form the original product (it came with 10, which upgraded to 12).

I had a trial of 19, but this has ended. All I want is to play BR discs, but now neither work.

I do not see a download for 12 available anywhere in my profile on this site, nor anywhere else.

Any assistance appreciated
Germishuys [Avatar]
[Post New]
The software was working fine until the last patch for that version. But that no longer works.
I have not been able to local the copy that came with the LG drive I purchased. The LG site says to download the software again from CyberLink, but there are no links on the site to older versions, just patches for the retail versions.

All I am trying to do is get the version 12 working that I had (upgraded some years back from 10, that came with my drive)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2019 20:29

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
You can download the update from 10 to PowerDVD 12 in the download patches page:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Just scroll down to PowerDVD 10. It is there. I believe you need to have the original PowerDVD 10 software though. If you don't have it anymore, you need to contact your drive manufacturer and get a new disc or download.

Dave
Germishuys [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can download the update from 10 to PowerDVD 12 in the download patches page:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Just scroll down to PowerDVD 10. It is there. I believe you need to have the original PowerDVD 10 software though. If you don't have it anymore, you need to contact your drive manufacturer and get a new disc or download.

Dave

Thank you, Dave
But, I am hunting for the original install disc for 10. And that came with my drive, and the site says retail versions only? Unless I missed something. But am going to give that a try. I have tried the LG support website, for my drive, and they direct support for this to the CyberLInk site. And on here, the upgrade directs to the page for updating 17 and 18 to 19.

I am guessing the install settings for the software would still be on my PC, as I only just unistalled due to it not working.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2019 09:36

Germishuys [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you, Dave
But, I am hunting for the original install disc for 10. And that came with my drive, and the site says retail versions only? Unless I missed something. But am going to give that a try. I have tried the LG support website, for my drive, and they direct support for this to the CyberLInk site. And on here, the upgrade directs to the page for updating 17 and 18 to 19.

I am guessing the install settings for the software would still be on my PC, as I only just unistalled due to it not working.

I have since managed to grab a backup of my media off an old server archive in my office
From there, it is a step by step update to get up to PowerDVD 12

Now a different issue (will make a new post)