Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector Mobile Tutorials from PD University ♥
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Improve your audio mixing and audio keyframes skills to get better control of your audio in PowerDirector Mobile.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2020 10:50

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Learn how to create the speech to text effect using PowerDirector Mobile.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2020 10:48

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
All mobile tutorials are going to be shown on my new Mobile only channel PDU Mobile

The first video is live now. Learn how to download music and sound fx using PowerDirector Mobile.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Create the glitch effect using PowerDirector Mobile and learn how to make a dual exposure effect that's really cool.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Make an impressive video intro without any professional equipment.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Turn your smartphone into an X-Ray machine with PowerDirector Mobile.

Jaybo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2018 17:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Freeze Punk! Make sure you watch this video to learn how to create freeze frames using PowerDirector Mobile.

Sorry but it's a thumbs down for me on this one. Don't take any of this personally.

Many of the things I describe below are generic with most YouTube channels.

I'm only singling you out because I was particularly disappointed that having watched your video, I still cannot do freeze frames for the reasons below.

I very much liked another of your videos and I would have commented on it if the comments were not turned off.

The reasons...

1) You ask people to add a hash tag "in the comments below" but comments are turned off.

2) 43 seconds into the video and you acknowledge the delay on getting to the content. You even say "I've kept you waiting long enough"...

Then you say "before we get started I wanna remind you to like and subscribe", then the obligatory image of the bell urging viewers to press it.

Then you tell the viewer (who has just searched for "how to do freeze frames") , all about what freeze frames are"

Then, for the benefit of (?? blind "viewers"??) you describe the clip of a baby walking.

It's over 2 minutes before we get to the content

3) Not your fault but I always have to resize (using the crop tool) videos to fill the screen on this device. Same as my other previous 2 devices. Otherwise there are black gaps around the screen.

Therefore, your screenshot method is very hit and miss, since I then have to resize (crop) the screenshot to exactly the same size.

Since the video and image are next to each other on the same track on the time line, overlaying and blending isn't an option. So it's trial and error which can be painstaking.

Sometimes I can do this fairly quickly and smoothly. Other times I try for 20 minutes or so and then give up.

The reason I clicked on your video was because I thought you had a better way.

Also the subject is on a plain white background which makes it much easier. Sadly most video isn't on a nice plain background.

4) The next step is done using photo director which I don't have. This should have been made clear at the start of the video or even in the title or description so that I would know not to waste my time watching your video.

But then if you are honest about the content, you don't get as many clicks right?

I hope I haven't been too hard on you. I have only watched one other of your videos because I can already do the other stuff.
Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Make an impressive video intro without any professional equipment.

This video is pure genius. I never would have thought of doing this. Thank you. I have used this in a couple of videos and it looks very effective.

I have my own version of it which I will share with you.

1) Open up any drawing/editing app and draw a straight line. Reasonably thin, any colour.

2) Stretch the line so it goes right across the screen horizontally.

3) Save the image in a decently high resolutuon size.

4) Open up PowerDirector Mobile app. (PDMA)

5) I always start projects this way
but its probably not essential:

Add 4 x Black blanks from the colour board to the main timeline. (This just gives you freedom to go back and change or amend the start or add things if you need to)

6) Add the image of the ine that you made to the 3rd track down.

7) Use the keyframe tool to move the line to the left or right of the screen, so it's out of shot.

Extend the image along your track so that it is longer time wise. Mine is 1 minute long in the example.

9) Open the keyframe tool again. Move the line to the opposite side of the screen. So it now divides the screen horizontally. I used 10 seconds for the line to cross the screen.

10) Return to the keyframe tool and for the remainder of the clip (so this would be 50 seconds on my clip, since I made it 1 minute long in step stretch the clip upwards and downwards so that it fills the whole screen by the time the minute is up.

There you go.

11) What I do then, is using the time frame in OPACITY is to change the opacity from 100 at 15 seconds, down to about 20 at 60 seconds.
This looks better than I have described.

12) Add a video or image directly under your line image on the next track down.

13) Use the timeframe tool to give this the opposite opacity to the line image. I start on 0 then stay at 0 until nearly the end. Basically so they blend into each other.

I didn't realise how long this would take to describe and I have a lot to do this morning. So I will return to this post in the future. If you can use timeframes then just have a play with it.
 Filename
SVID_20201020_105858_1.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15201 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2640 time(s)
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn to render your mobile videos so you can watch them on any device.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reflect on what you've done and then create the reflection effect with PowerDirector Mobile.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Place your voice over any video or picture using the voice over feature in the PowerDirector app.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn to save video projects and produce finished videos to share with your friends, families, co-workers and clients.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Create awesome camera movement to impress your audience with the Camera Movement effect.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Change your voice using the new voice changer tool.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Remove the black bars from vertical videos using the PowerDirector video editor app.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Getting free stock footage for your next video is only a few taps away. Learn how to download and use free stock footage with PowerDirector mobile.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hocus Pocus! Make items disappear from your video in a few simple clicks.

Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Learn how to make a ghost using PowerDirector Mobile.

Hey buddy, instead of making 2 clips ie One of the person still and one of them, getting up, WITHOUT moving the camera. Surely it's easier just to make 1 clip and split/trim the clip as desired.

So one clip. 10 seconds of empty scene, 10 seconds of girl lay on wall (trim away her approaching the wall), the "getting up", then a few seconds of empty scene.

May I ask how you made your YouTube Avatar?
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hey buddy, instead of making 2 clips ie One of the person still and one of them, getting up.

May I ask how you made your YouTube Avatar?

I should have said two scenes. I did not press the record button between scenes so it was actually one clip that I split into two.

I had my YT avatar made for me through a gig website called fiverr. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Remove annoying wind and distracting background noise from your videos in a snap.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Add unique custom fonts for your titles to your mobile videos.