Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade PD and its differences
follet [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ukraine Joined: Nov 29, 2015 04:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I Installed PD 15 LE with free key and registered it. I tried to work with 4K video, but LE version doesn't support it, and has many other restrictions. After this fail I wondered about upgrade PD 15 LE to general full-featured version of PD 17 and now I'm looking for good discount for purchase...

Q1: What is difference between LE and not LE versions, where I can see table of comparison of this versions?
Q2: Can I upgrade 15 LE license to general 17 license?
Q3: Anybody know promo code, which provides more than 12% off?

p.s. I live outside USA and support using tickets super very slow I receive 3 answer per week. I can get actual information during 1-2 month )))
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The LE (Limited Edition) is extremely limited, and the increased value you get when you buy the Ultra or Ultimate versions is certainly more than worth the few dollars it will cost you. (Ultra and Ultimate are virtually the same program, but Ultimate includes more effects and templates. You should purchase at least Ultimate. Trust me on this.)

Version 15 is several years old and is no longer supported -- particularly in its LE version -- but here's a chart comparing available versions of version 17.
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html

Whether or not you can upgrade from 15 LE to 17 Ultimate and how much it will cost is hard to say, but it's worth a try. If you're planning to edit 4K video, it's well worth even a $75-100 investment, believe me.

But this is a user to user forum. So if you want to contact CyberLink directly you'll need to contact them. They do respond pretty quickly and they can get you more specific answers.

Though I'm sure everyone on this forum will agree that whatever it takes to get you from your current version to 17 Ultra or Ultimate is worth the investment. CyberLink just packs this program with professional features!
follet [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ukraine Joined: Nov 29, 2015 04:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for respond. What about promo code?
In internet i found only 12% off for PD 17. Maybe you know more discount?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't.