Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
One of the media files was removed in my project, causing the video to be unable to export
Eiak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2019 03:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a problem in which, I have seemed to have deleted one of the clips I used in my project, and it shows that error message. I deleted the clips in my project that were deleted from my gallery to try to resolve the error problem, but after deleting the missing clips out of my project, the error message "One of the media files cannot be found because it was removed" still appears. I really need the help ASAP, as I'm editing a school project that is due to passing

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2019 03:35

[Post New]
Quote I have a problem in which, I have seemed to have deleted one of the clips I used in my project, and it shows that error message. I deleted the clips in my project that were deleted from my gallery to try to resolve the error problem, but after deleting the missing clips out of my project, the error message "One of the media files cannot be found because it was removed" still appears. I really need the help ASAP, as I'm editing a school project that is due to passing

There must be another file are removed too, zoom in your project to check it closely, it will be red highlighted.
Eiak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2019 03:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

There must be another file are removed too, zoom in your project to check it closely, it will be red highlighted.

There are no more clips/files removed. I have deleted all removed files from my project how???
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

There are no more clips/files removed. I have deleted all removed files from my project how???

Spread the timeline out to the maximum width so you can see each frame. Review the entire timeline for any clips that need to be deleted.

If there are no clips that need to be deleted in your timeline look to the following locations for any files that need to be deleted:
Internal Storage - /emulated/0/Movies/cyberlink/Powerdirector
External Storage - /storage/0000-0000 or /storage/external

After you remove any files and temporary files/cache from those locations you may also want to try "Save As" and giving the project a new name.

Hope this helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2019 18:58

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Check and see if you had the auto save feature turned on. If so, you can go back to an auto saved version of the project from before you had the problem.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Check and see if you had the auto save feature turned on. If so, you can go back to an auto saved version of the project from before you had the problem.

Hi optodata!

I think Eiak's problem is occuring on the mobile app. If he is referring to an issue with the desktop version we may need to move this thread to the correct forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2019 12:31

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi optodata!

I think Eiak's problem is occuring on the mobile app. If he is referring to an issue with the desktop version we may need to move this thread to the correct forum.

Ooops, you're right! Sorry for the mistaken post embarassed

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ooops, you're right! Sorry for the mistaken post embarassed

No problem my friend. As always you are appreciated. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.