Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importierte RAW-Dateien erscheinen in PHD10 nicht korrekt
Flohoeh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2019 09:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi zusammen,

ich nutze seit einigen Wochen PHD10 und habe seit heute massiv das Problem, dass importierte RAW-Files nicht korrekt in PHD10 angezeigt werden. Sie erscheinen mit einem massiven Fischaugeneffekt und schwarzen Rändern. Auf der Kamera (Lumix FZ1000) werden die Bilder jedoch normal angezeigt und auch bspw. in Lightzone.
Es sind keinerlei Voreinstellungen zur Veränderung von Importdateien aktiviert und in den letzten Wochen hatte ich manchmal zwar das Problem der schwarzen Ecken, aber niemals dieses Fischaugenproblem. Neustart der Software sowie des PCs haben nicht geholfen und Updates sind keine verfügbar und es wurden auch in den letzten Tagen keine Updates geladen.

Kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen? Muss ich irgendwelche Einstellungen ändern oder handelt es sich ggf. um einen Bug, der von Cyberlink gefixt werden muss?

Ich habe in einem alten Beitrag gelesen, dass bei PHD4 und 5 wohl schon einmal ähnliche Fehler auftraten, die dann aber von Cyberlink als Bugs gefixt wurden.

Danke vorab und viele Grüße,
Florian
[Thumb - Original-JPG_aus_Kamera.JPG]
 Filename
Original-JPG_aus_Kamera.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Original-Bild aus Kamera
 Filesize
213 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Importieres RW2-File_verzerrt.JPG]
 Filename
Importieres RW2-File_verzerrt.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Verzerrte RAW-Datei in PHD10
 Filesize
182 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Florian,

I didn't realise you'd posted the same issue twice. Please refer to the other posts responding to your question: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/38431.page#post_box_327330 and https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/38431.page#post_box_327339

Obviously, the raw photos from the FZ1000 should not be displaying with fish-eye or vignetting. As I understand it, they were displaying correctly before. Is that right?

As suggested in the other thread, please download that sample .RW2 file and post a screenshot showing how it's displayed. Also, could you please upload one of your own .RW2s for other members to check. You could upload to a shared files site, such as Google Drive or DropBox.

PIX

German translation from Google:

Hallo Florian,

Mir war nicht klar, dass Sie dieselbe Ausgabe zweimal gepostet hatten. Bitte lesen Sie die anderen Beiträge, die auf Ihre Frage antworten: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/38431.page#post_box_327330 und https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/38431.page#post_box_327339

Offensichtlich sollten die rohen Fotos von der FZ1000 nicht mit Fischaugen oder Vignettierung angezeigt werden. Soweit ich weiß, wurden sie zuvor korrekt angezeigt. Ist das richtig?

Laden Sie, wie im anderen Thread vorgeschlagen, die .RW2-Beispieldatei herunter und veröffentlichen Sie einen Screenshot mit der Darstellung. Könnten Sie bitte auch eine Ihrer eigenen .RW2s hochladen, damit andere Mitglieder dies überprüfen können? Sie können auf eine Website für freigegebene Dateien wie Google Drive oder DropBox hochladen. PIX YouTube channel
Flohoeh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Florian,

I didn't realise you'd posted the same issue twice. Please refer to the other posts responding to your question: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/38431.page#post_box_327330 and https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/38431.page#post_box_327339

Obviously, the raw photos from the FZ1000 should not be displaying with fish-eye or vignetting. As I understand it, they were displaying correctly before. Is that right?

As suggested in the other thread, please download that sample .RW2 file and post a screenshot showing how it's displayed. Also, could you please upload one of your own .RW2s for other members to check. You could upload to a shared files site, such as Google Drive or DropBox.

PIX

Hi Pix,

Thanks a lot for your precious feedback! In fact, I downloaded a couple of those sample shots and all of these RW2 files are shown without vignetting or fish-eyeing in my PHD10. I have also attached how PHD10 displays your suggested sample rw2 file as a screenshot.
Maybe already a good sign? Or a bad one should it imply that my camera might have an issue in the end?
It's also that not all of my own pictures have that vignetting issue, just some of them - apparently at random and the fish-eyeing just appeared last week for the first time. I have tried several formats 16:9, 3:2, 4:3 and could not detect any pattern which files are affected and which aren't.

I have uploaded a sample of one of my jpg and rw2 files here for you to have a look at them:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O4eV3M41vhGK5raLuosBJXBMlpzbTE8B?usp=sharing
Both files (jpg and rw2) appear without any vignetting in Google Drive and also the colours are not washed out. which is unfortunately the case when I open the files in my PHD10 software.

Maybe you can get your head around what's going on? Again thanks a heap for your kind support already. I am not going to post the link to Google Drive in the other thread where I replied in order not to create any further confusion. Thanks also for having linked this thread to the other one so that members will hopefully find their way to this thread here.

Have a great day,
Florian
[Thumb - Unbenannt.JPG]
 Filename
Unbenannt.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
307 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2019 05:03

[Post New]
Hi Flohoeh
I downloaded your raw image and imported into PD8.
And what I got was even worse than yours.
Colors are faded, corners missing, and the image is obvisously fish eye distorted.
The funny thing is, that I see more of the original image than I see in your jpg uploads. AND if I see the raw image in my usual image browser (Faststone Image Viewer for Windows v.6.7) it is cropped compared to the PD8 import.
All very strange.
I include an export (of the raw image) from PD8 and one from Faststone.
[Thumb - P1090794-FS-export-s.jpg]
 Filename
P1090794-FS-export-s.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - P1090794-PD8-export-s.jpg]
 Filename
P1090794-PD8-export-s.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
122 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello again Florian,

Thank you for uploading your original .RW2 file. I agree with Phnyx that it's "all very strange".

PhotoDirector 10 displays your .RW2 just as you've experienced, with distortion, washed out colour & vignetting. That's the .JPG on the left.

Adobe Lightroom displays it correctly, but ON1 RAW display is similar to PhD10. A puzzlement! surprised

I used EXIFtool to compare the data from your .RW2 & the sample file I linked earlier. In the attached PDFs, I've highlighted some data that is different between the two. Perhaps it indicates that a particular setting on your camera may have been changed (?). e.g. EXIFtool states that the shooting mode was "Creative Control" & distortion correction was turned on (on your camera).

I am not suggesting that is the answer! I'm really just trying to find a possible cause for the display issue. At the moment it has me scratching my head.

PIX
 Filename
Florian RW2_ExifTool.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
329 time(s)
 Filename
Sample RW2_ExifTool.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
344 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2019 23:36

PIX YouTube channel
Flohoeh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Florian,

Thank you for uploading your original .RW2 file. I agree with Phnyx that it's "all very strange".

PhotoDirector 10 displays your .RW2 just as you've experienced, with distortion, washed out colour & vignetting. That's the .JPG on the left.

Adobe Lightroom displays it correctly, but ON1 RAW display is similar to PhD10. A puzzlement! surprised

I used EXIFtool to compare the data from your .RW2 & the sample file I linked earlier. In the attached PDFs, I've highlighted some data that is different between the two. Perhaps it indicates that a particular setting on your camera may have been changed (?). e.g. EXIFtool states that the shooting mode was "Creative Control" & distortion correction was turned on (on your camera).

I am not suggesting that is the answer! I'm really just trying to find a possible cause for the display issue. At the moment it has me scratching my head.

PIX

Hi Phnyx & PIX,

thanks very much for having played around with my files. At least I am not alone in not understanding at all what is going on here. At the same time, it is worrying as no solution is popping up on the horizon. I also sent a request to Cyberlink support to have a look at this but haven't got any feedback so far. Looking at the fact that Lightroom displays my .rw2 file correctly, would you agree in my hypothesis that the actual files my camera is generating should not be buggy and that we are facing a "mere" PHD software issue?

@Pix: Relating to the modes set on my camera: the "Creative Control" is just a setting intensifying colors slightly, no effect on the format whatsoever. I also experienced my issues with photos taken while that mode was switched off.
The distortion correction does not actually ring any bell right now. It is no setting that I could find in the camera's menu. However, when googling the topic linked to FZ1000 I found a number of entries with a similar problem. However none of them are also referring to the severely washed-out colours. One example is this here where I interpret to read in the subtext that some other software (like e.g. Adobe) apply an automatic barrel distortion correction which PHD apparently does not do. Unfortunately, I could not find my camera in the lens profiles of PHD's correction module. Would you be able to make any sense of this and have an idea how this could help me solve my problem? I have now also requested Cyberlink to add the FZ1000's lense profile to their lens correction module. Hopefully, I will get a (positive) reply from them but even then I assume that would only remedy the edges and fish-eyeing and not the faded colours.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4236453

So, I don't know what to do at the moment other than hope for Cyberlink's feedback. Again thanks a million to you guys that you have spent so much time on my issue, really appreciate your support!

EDIT:
Cyberlink Support has sent a reply telling me that they could not experience my issue with my photo which I find strange. They asked me to uninstall PHD10 and Microsoft Visual c++ 2012 redistributabe x64 and install PHD10 anew after that. Subsequently, I should update my intel drivers. FYI: I did all that but to no avail. The issue persists unchanged.
I asked them to check this thread and also the fact that other people could very well reproduce my problem and am now again waiting for their feedback. Does not give me a good feeling at the moment...

Best,
Florian

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2019 02:42

Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Florian,
auch ich kann das problem nachvollziehen.

Könntest Du mir vielleicht die CN Nummer, unter der das Problem vom Support behandelt wurde, mittels PN mitteilen.
Ich werde mich dann sofort mit Taiwan in Verbindung setzen um das Problem zu eruieren. Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

[Post New]
Thank you for chiming in, Bernd1948! Every bit helps!

Florian - what you mentioned about Lightroom applying lens correction automatically is true. Here, Lr shows that an "inbuilt" lens correction has been applied.

Until the root cause of this issue is unearthed, I have made a preset (attached) which you may be able to use &/or modify to allow you to edit. The adjustment is shown below.

I'm sure you've noticed the significant cropping applied (in-camera) to the JPG version of "P1090794". I suspect that is related to the issue you're experiencing. In the other sample files I've checked from the FZ1000, there is no cropping in the JPG version.

Just like you, I'm perplexed that the issue couldn't be replicated with the CL team surprised Here, I confirmed it using both PhD10 365 & the "lifetime" version.

PIX
 Filename
Florian RW2_1.pdadj
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2019 03:23

PIX YouTube channel
Flohoeh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for chiming in, Bernd1948! Every bit helps!

Florian - what you mentioned about Lightroom applying lens correction automatically is true. Here, Lr shows that an "inbuilt" lens correction has been applied.

Until the root cause of this issue is unearthed, I have made a preset (attached) which you may be able to use &/or modify to allow you to edit. The adjustment is shown below.

I'm sure you've noticed the significant cropping applied (in-camera) to the JPG version of "P1090794". I suspect that is related to the issue you're experiencing. In the other sample files I've checked from the FZ1000, there is no cropping in the JPG version.

Just like you, I'm perplexed that the issue couldn't be replicated with the CL team surprised Here, I confirmed it using both PhD10 365 & the "lifetime" version.

PIX

Hello PIX,

Thanks a lot for your further insights! Your preset looks stunning compared to my current result in PHD! I understand it is originally a lense correction preset for Lr, right? What amazes me is that also the color-fading is gone with your preset and not "only" the issue about the edges and the fish eye effect. Thanks a million for your effort! The thing is just that PHD10 apparently cannot work with a .pdadj file. So I tried to save it as .pdlcp file which PHD10 download profiles for lense corrections are normally provided in. However then, I could not detect any effect at all. But maybe I have not understood well where/how PHD10 can digest .pdadj files, so it can totally be my fault. Maybe you can let me know?

Yes, I have well noticed the significant cropping of my JPG files while that "cropped version" is also exactly the picture I can see on my camera screen. I.e. before having had a closer look at my .RW2 file issue these days, I was unaware of that in-camera cropping. Curious that this effect seems limited to my camera if I consider that sample photos have not suffered from that cropping effect. Again strange and I wouldn't know what to do about that and I could also live with that effect as long as the colours don't fade and edges and/or fish eyes keep away from me.

In regards to Cyberlink: Thanks to Bernd's strong support (kudos again!), their development team has been able to reproduce my issue in the meantime and they seem to be working on the issue. That keeps me hoping that a fix can maybe be found in the end which would just be perfect. I'll keep you guys posted on any development obviously. In the meantime, I keep my fingers crossed and thank you again!

Have a great day,
Florian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2019 12:53

tinsoikeo365
Newbie Location: 43 Phùng Khoang - Nam Từ Liêm - Hà Nội Joined: Jul 10, 2019 13:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi zusammen,

ich nutze seit einigen Wochen PHD10 und habe seit heute massiv das Problem, dass importierte RAW-Files nicht korrekt in PHD10 angezeigt werden. Sie erscheinen mit einem massiven Fischaugeneffekt und schwarzen Rändern. Auf der Kamera (Lumix FZ1000) werden die Bilder jedoch normal angezeigt und auch bspw. in Lightzone.
Es sind keinerlei Voreinstellungen zur Veränderung von Importdateien aktiviert und in den letzten Wochen hatte ich manchmal zwar das Problem der schwarzen Ecken, aber niemals dieses Fischaugenproblem. Neustart der Software sowie des PCs haben nicht geholfen und Updates sind keine verfügbar und es wurden auch in den letzten Tagen keine Updates geladen.

Kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen? Muss ich irgendwelche Einstellungen ändern oder handelt es sich ggf. um einen Bug, der von Cyberlink gefixt werden muss?

Ich habe in einem alten Beitrag gelesen, dass bei PHD4 und 5 wohl schon einmal ähnliche Fehler auftraten, die dann aber von Cyberlink als Bugs gefixt wurden.

Danke vorab und viele Grüße,
Florian
[Post New]
Hello again,

The preset [.pdadj] I attached has lens correction included, along with other colour/level adjustments. It cannot be converted to a lens profile.

Because your FZ1000 is a bridge camera (fixed lens), which uses a Leica long zoom 25-400mm lens, it may be difficult to find lens profiles for it. e.g. Lightroom doesn't contain a specific one for that lens.

To make the preset, I chose a Panasonic lens profile (Pana LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm) that corrected the image somewhat, then applied some manual fisheye adjustment [+28]. The attached preset [.pdadj] only contains the lens correction, with no colour/tone/level/curve adjustments.

All you need to do to install presets is double click them, or choose Open with > Effect Extractor. They'll be located under Adjustment > Preset > Downloaded.

Also attached, just for interest, is a screenshot showing your original .RW2 in Lightroom with the indication that a built-in lens profile has been applied.

PIX
 Filename
Florian RW2 Lens Fisheye.pdadj
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
288 time(s)
[Thumb - Florian RW2 in Lr.jpg]
 Filename
Florian RW2 in Lr.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2019 15:50

PIX YouTube channel
Flohoeh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again,

The preset [.pdadj] I attached has lens correction included, along with other colour/level adjustments. It cannot be converted to a lens profile.

Because your FZ1000 is a bridge camera (fixed lens), which uses a Leica long zoom 25-400mm lens, it may be difficult to find lens profiles for it. e.g. Lightroom doesn't contain a specific one for that lens.

To make the preset, I chose a Panasonic lens profile (Pana LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm) that corrected the image somewhat, then applied some manual fisheye adjustment [+28]. The attached preset [.pdadj] only contains the lens correction, with no colour/tone/level/curve adjustments.

All you need to do to install presets is double click them, or choose Open with > Effect Extractor. They'll be located under Adjustment > Preset > Downloaded.

Also attached, just for interest, is a screenshot showing your original .RW2 in Lightroom with the indication that a built-in lens profile has been applied.

PIX

Hi again PIX,

Oh thanks, I see now what you meant. Sorry, I just didn't see the forest for the trees! Your preset is really helpful for the moment while Bernd and the Cyberlink Technical guys are still working on the subject. At least I can now start working on my photos in a reasonable way. Again, a huge thank you!

I'll keep you posted.
Best,
Florian
Flohoeh [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi again PIX,

Oh thanks, I see now what you meant. Sorry, I just didn't see the forest for the trees! Your preset is really helpful for the moment while Bernd and the Cyberlink Technical guys are still working on the subject. At least I can now start working on my photos in a reasonable way. Again, a huge thank you!

I'll keep you posted.
Best,
Florian

Hi all,

after Bernd's continued support, the status is now that the issue is going to be addressed with the next patch. So I keep my fingers crossed that this will come soon and in the meantime, I'll be using PIX's preset with some minor modifications. Thanks again so much for all of your support!

Best,
Florian
PPCyber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2019 03:31 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I see few topics in this forum with similar “issues” like this one. And a lot of misunderstandings about RAW images and lens.

And I will try to bring some light here.

Image with light geometric distortion and vignetting is not broken or bad converted image! This is exact RAW image as it is! Nothing wrong here! Just show real distortion of Wide/Ultra Wide lens. Almost all WA/UWA lens have them. And almost all lenses have vignetting to some extent. Some very small some like in your case very noticeable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distortion_(optics)

The correct jpg image is highly corrected in camera image! With geometric and light/colors/WB and many other things already baked in the camera!!!!

Are there any issues with PD and image conversion? Absolutely NO! This is exact RAW image and it should be like this .

Are there options to get better image from the start in PD? Of course if Cyberlink create profile for every possible camera/lens. We will start with better corrected image at least without geometric distortion.

Why we have better images in other software like Lightroom, Capture 1 and so on?
Because this brands have made profiles for all this mentioned settings and apply them by default. So you get some better looking image with less effort. But you pay more money for the effort these companies made to get working profiles for every possible lens out there.
This is why all these companies have long lists with supported lenses and cameras.

What we can do when we could not find profile for our camera and/or lens?
We need to apply all wanted corrections by hand. And PD provides all needed tools and instruments. You have geometric corrections and you have vignetting corrections for lens corrections and many others.
Also you have all kinds of color/light/WB/Noise reduction and so on.

But this is the idea of RAW image - having all the freedom not to use default image adjustments but to make your adjustments!

And yes, many times you will start with very bad looking RAW file compared to jpg. But if you need RAW that looks exactly as jpg why do you use RAW in the first place?

Seems like most people expect to see RAW files looking like jpgs. And when they see real RAW files they are stunned . And then start looking for problems in the software. But there is no problems in the software. There could be just missing profiles. But did you check for your camera/lens support prior getting the software?

So you can really ask for camera/lens profile but could not look for issue and software fix. If cyberlink made written statement they will support your camera and lens this is different story. Then you can ask them why these profiles does not work. But if your exact camera and lens are not listed as supported you need to do all corrections by hand. Use similar profiles from similar lens for example. Or another option is to find software that will provide you all needed lens and camera profiles.

I hope this explanations will be in help to many people and set their expectations so they will not be disappointed when they see REAL RAW images.

PS:

As advised from PIX in other topic:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79674.page

"Checking the installed program folders for each version confirms this. In C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector10\PhotoDirector presets the contents of the CameraProfile & LensProfilefolders, & all sub-folders, are identical in every respect. The same profiles are available on DZ, irrespective of the version used."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2019 06:01