Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP function not working
leem845 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2018 23:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie here. Working on my first video I have not been able to generat a PIP. When I lay down a track into Track 2 to become a part of what is in Track 1 all I get is the outline border with the small white guides at the corners and the blue plus sign with surrounfing circle.
I am running version 16.0.1027.0. This is on a new Lenovo ideapad 530S with 16 GB RAM.
All other functions work properly.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like the first frame of your track 2 clip is blank/black, and simply moving the scrubber/play head a few frames to the right should show the actual content. Remember that until you resize and/or move the track 2 clip, you won't be able to see any of track 1 behind it.

Also, you seem to be running the original PD16 release from almost 2 years ago. There have been 5 updates since then, and you should update to v3424 by visiting the sticky thread at the top of the PD16 forum index page.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am running version 16.0.1027.0. This is on a new Lenovo ideapad 530S with 16 GB RAM.
All other functions work properly.

Was this bundled software? Can you click PowerDirector in the upper right-hand corner and post a screen shot. The initial release of PD16 for download was 2101 so your version looks strange. If bundled, it might only work with Lenovo based updates.

You might try unchecking pref > Hardware Acceleration and the decode option, have doubts but worth a quick try.

Jeff