Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video rotated 90 degrees - output file only!
chmielko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2019 04:16 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]

I received the project files and did some testing. I didn't make any changes to your project and I didn't see anything unusual when I previewed it.

On the Produce page, I checked the Enable preview during production box so I could tell if any of the individual sections got flipped or rotated, and all looked correct.

I then tested the produced version on many different apps, and all show it as horizontal:

I produced the clip using my nVidia RTX 2070 with the latest driver (430.86). I don't know what kind of computer you're using, so please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results. That may help determine if there's anything obvious with your drivers or configuration that might be causing the problem.

One thing you can try is to not use any hardware encoding to produce, so uncheck the Fast video rendering technology box and produce the whole video again. It will take longer, but that will tell us if the problem is with the hardware encoding or something else.

Hi once again,

thank you for your patience and ongoing support!

I will follow your advice as for the fast rendering and will see what happens.

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers,
chmielko
chmielko [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi once again,

thank you for your patience and ongoing support!

I will follow your advice as for the fast rendering and will see what happens.

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers,
chmielko

Hi All,

a promised update:

• switching off fast rendering did not help - the video is still rotated

• when produced for iPhone / iPad - the video is OK

• i then tried to produce an *.mkv output in full res - this also was OK

so it might be some internal issue with creating the *.mp4 files...

Thank you all for your help, in particular optodata!

Best,
chmielko
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

a promised update:

• switching off fast rendering did not help - the video is still rotated

• when produced for iPhone / iPad - the video is OK

• i then tried to produce an *.mkv output in full res - this also was OK

so it might be some internal issue with creating the *.mp4 files...

Thanks for all the testing details, The version I produced was MP4 and it works correctly. Can you download MediaInfo and attach the details like I did in my post from 20:58 on July 4? It will be interesting to see what the differences are.

Also, you may want to open a ticket with Cyberlink tech support as they're in the best position to understand what's happening. They don't monitor this forum, so please add a link to this thread in your request, and then paste the ticket number (it will start with CS) back here to close the loop.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
chmielko [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for all the testing details, The version I produced was MP4 and it works correctly. Can you download MediaInfo and attach the details like I did in my post from 20:58 on July 4? It will be interesting to see what the differences are.

Also, you may want to open a ticket with Cyberlink tech support as they're in the best position to understand what's happening. They don't monitor this forum, so please add a link to this thread in your request, and then paste the ticket number (it will start with CS) back here to close the loop.

Hi optodata,

the mediainfo shows the correct 16:9 aspect ratio:
https://ibb.co/j3S7Wvt

As for the support:
Question ID = CS002035751

Thank you!
chmielko
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi optodata,

the mediainfo shows the correct 16:9 aspect ratio:
https://ibb.co/j3S7Wvt

As for the support:
Question ID = CS002035751

Thank you!
chmielko

Hmm, I wonder if it might be something that you mentioned earlier, like something specific to the settings on your PC's apps. Can you upload your produced version to a cloud folder so I can check it on my system? PM the link to me if you want to keep it private.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ather [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2019 20:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am experiencing the same thing from an uploaded MP4. Not only does it rotate, but I can only save as an MP4. There is no other video option under Produce.

Also, after several tries, I saved normally, but when covnerting to AVI or WMV on othe rprograms, it still rotates. Which means somethign in the file settings when saved on PD16 is causing this.

Seems only a problem on MP4 videos.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am experiencing the same thing from an uploaded MP4. Not only does it rotate, but I can only save as an MP4. There is no other video option under Produce.

ather, that's the only video container option when you have a 9:16 aspect ratio set for the project.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I am experiencing the same thing from an uploaded MP4. Not only does it rotate, but I can only save as an MP4. There is no other video option under Produce.

Also, after several tries, I saved normally, but when covnerting to AVI or WMV on othe rprograms, it still rotates. Which means somethign in the file settings when saved on PD16 is causing this.

Seems only a problem on MP4 videos.

After several PMs with the OP in this thread, I could not duplicate the problem and his entire project produced normally. I hope he will post back if tech support turns up anything.

If you "can only save as an MP4," then that likely means you have PD set to produce a vertical (9:16) video, as that's the only one of PD's produce screens that shows MP4 as the only (video) option:

To produce a standard horizontal video, make sure the project aspect ratio is set to 9:16 (or 4:3) with this control:

ather [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2019 20:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, OK. Thanks.