Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm old so that is my excuse
jean [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2007 12:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Pleaseeeeeeeeee help me and forgive my total ignorance. I got a notebook for christmas which is just great and this Divx is part of it but I have no idea at all what I am supposed to do or even what is for. I guess it is about dvd's and burning but after that I am lost. Do we buy dvd's and then play them on this divx ???????? Those four little boxes are on my desktop and say drag here but what do I drag there ?????

Forgive me for being so thick but I would really like to use it if I can and tons of thanks for anyone who will take the time to explain to me what I can do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jason_Hockey_Player [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2007 21:04 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Divx is a video format that offers high quality video in a smaller file size.

You can view Divx in quite a few ways. Burn it to a CD and watch it on a DIVX Compatible player on your TV or PC, download movie files and convert them to DIVX, etc. Im a nice ice hockey player!
Graham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2007 14:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Jean, check out www.divx.com and read the FAQ for explanation and usage of DivX. Its a technology that allows compression of audio and video.