Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please confirm Power2Go has this menu creation feature
Red Sanders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2019 16:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've captured and edited many of our home movies with Adobe Premiere Elements. Sources ranged from 8MM reels, VHS cassettes, and MiniDV tapes. I plan on continuing to create new videos with an AVCHD camcorder. I also hope to include videos from cell phones in the family, but have my concerns if their formats are easy to work with. But, I digress.

For those videos that are ready to go, I have two goals in mind. My most immediate is to share them with family and friends via DVDs and Blu-Ray disks. My ultimate goal is to share them via a Plex Server + NAS.

I've perused some of the community topics and looked at the online Users Manual for the latest version of Power2Go. But, I'm still needing confirmation from some of you folks that this program will do the following. Or do I need an alternate or additional software?

I want to put multiple finished home movies on a DVD or a Blu-Ray disk. Yes, I am aware of the size limitations of both, but some of these home movies aren't that long. So, I know I can put more than one on a disk.

Specific example - if I want to put 6 different videos on a disk, will Power2Go enable me to create menu buttons on the opening page for each one of those videos so that viewers can click one of those buttons and go to a specific video?

I'm ready to purchase the latest version of Power2Go, and any other of CyberLink's software needed for me to meet this need.

Really appreciate any help and/or suggestions.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel i7-5820K CPU @ 3.3GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
DirectX 12
Realtek High Definition Audio
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I want to put multiple finished home movies on a DVD or a Blu-Ray disk. Yes, I am aware of the size limitations of both, but some of these home movies aren't that long. So, I know I can put more than one on a disk.

Specific example - if I want to put 6 different videos on a disk, will Power2Go enable me to create menu buttons on the opening page for each one of those videos so that viewers can click one of those buttons and go to a specific video?

I'm ready to purchase the latest version of Power2Go, and any other of CyberLink's software needed for me to meet this need.

Yes, Power2Go 13 can do this. Why don't you try the trial version first to see if it fits your needs: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/power2go-platinum/download_en_US.html

Note that a few file formats are not supported in this version, but it should give you a good idea of its capabilities.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2019 20:25

Red Sanders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2019 16:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dave!! Good to know! laughing

And it is certainly pragmatic to give it a try first befor taking the plunge.