Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor 2 and Plug-ins
Noel 1983 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2019 08:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does Wave Editor 2 support 64 bit VST plug-ins, or just 32 bit?

I can't seem to import my 64 bit plug-ins into the software. However, I am new to plugins in general, so I might be doing something wrong.
[Post New]
Hello Noel 1983,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I don't claim to have any particular expertise or vast experience here, but it seems your observation is correct from the VSTs I've checked.

Some VST plug-ins are specifically built for use with either 32-bit or 64-bit software. It is my understanding that applications may be unable to "bridge" the 32/64-bit divide without additional resources.

Only a small number of VSTs in my modest collection are specifically 32/64-bit but WE2 will only import 32-bit ones. AudioDirector won't import some VSTs (.dll) and offers "not 64-bit" as a possible reason.

As an example, here is a .zip file -TDR VOS SlickEQ - containing a 32-bit & 64-bit version of the same VST (a simple EQ plugin). Only the .dll labelled "TDR VOS SlickEQ" - i.e. not "TDR VOS SlickEQ (x64) will import into WE2.

Perhaps other members with broader or different experience might have other advice.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Noel 1983 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2019 08:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Noel 1983,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

PIX

Thank you!
And thank you for confirming my suspicions. I didn't think that I was doing anything wrong in my import attempts. I just had to ask. Software can be finicky sometimes.