Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You might want to alter your default YouTube and WMV profiles
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
I was digging in the WMV profiles today. Wondering why my "HD" youtube videos didn't look too hot. Well, I found out why.

PD8 uses a bitrate of about 1800K for 720P HD. Basically about a third of what is recommended and also used by Vimeo. Unless you are on dial-up, this bitrate is way too low.

So, I copied the default PD8 youtube profile about 3 times and made some better ones with higher bitrates. The process is identical to the way it was done in PD7 and they show up nicely in the Produce, YouTube profile selection screen. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
If you don't want to alter your youtube settings I found that the default .wmv HD standard quality is quiet good for youtube. It renders at 6000K 1280X720p. The only thing is you then have to manually upload to youtube. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2009 09:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Makes me wonder why something so obvious would be overlooked. Maybe Cyberlink had to ask permission to use YouTubes logo in the interface and in exchange they were asked to keep the bit rate really low. Youtube was very slow to adopt HD and the service has really gone down hill. Their really should be more than one Youtube profile option for youtube or you should be able to change the settings. It's like a feature that sounds good on paper but it's just so gimped.
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Makes me wonder why something so obvious would be overlooked. Maybe Cyberlink had to ask permission to use YouTubes logo in the interface and in exchange they were asked to keep the bit rate really low. Youtube was very slow to adopt HD and the service has really gone down hill. Their really should be more than one Youtube profile option for youtube or you should be able to change the settings. It's like a feature that sounds good on paper but it's just so gimped.

No doubt that bitrate is no accident. They could have split the difference. But, on the bright side, its EASY to correct and each person can do their own settings with the .prx editor. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
OnTheWeb1
[Post New]
How it could look:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2009 14:36

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that OTW -

I'll try your settings. Every time I've tried to modify a profile I razz it up.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
OnTheWeb1
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for that OTW -

I'll try your settings. Every time I've tried to modify a profile I razz it up.

Cheers - Tony

The trick is to copy the .prx file and rename it first. Then edit the new .prx file and make sure to change the description in the video settings to match the bitrate you choose. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
Al [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2009 02:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the 30 day trial version of Powerdirector 8 ultra. I cannot edit the prx files as they are not associated with the program. Is this because the program is in trial mode or do you have to associate the files in file types.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 22:28

OnTheWeb1
[Post New]
Quote: I am using the 30 day trial version of Powerdirector 8 ultra. I cannot edit the prx files as they are not associated with the program. Is this because the program is in trial mode or do you have to associate the files in file types.

You are missing the Windows Media Encoder. Download it here and after installing you will be able to double-click on the .Prx files and edit them.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
Al [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2009 02:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much. That solved the problem.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Thank You for the very helpful information regarding altering the YouTube WMV profiles. It is great to have the additional quality choices available when uploading to Youtube.

Thanks a bunch!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.