Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Linking (Producing) a Taken 3hr Video
masterdrago [Avatar]
Newbie Location: SE Texas Joined: Mar 12, 2019 20:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
So I had my GP7 take 3 hrs of 16:9 60fps linear 1920x1080 video. The video was broken into 12 files of ~8Gig each and 17+minutes except for one which looks like 6 minutes. If you look at the file manager list of details, it looks like one was written just a minute after the one b4. When I try to view any of them except the one with the 2:38 timeline, the file runs in PowerDirector 17 or PotPlayer64 but the video is frozen on one frame. The 2:38 file runs fine.

I used PD17 to Produce the 12 together and it will run until 26m25s, then freeze at that same frame.

Any suggestions?
[Thumb - video files at hubbard glacier.jpg]
 Filename
video files at hubbard glacier.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have any GoPros, so I can't be certain here, but based on the file names, I think that the 6:00 clip (GH123634.MP4) should actually be the final clip. That would also make sense if you had the camera continually recording for hours starting @ 2:38 PM.

If so, the 6:00 clip's timestamp probably should be 5:43PM instead of 4:41PM. If you sort the clips by file name in PD's media library, the sequence should work. It will look like this:

It's also possible that the clip in question is corrupted. Does that clip play properly in PD or other media apps?

You didn't share a snapshot of your project timeline, so I don't know what's located at the 26m 25s mark. You may want to temporarily remove whichever clip is there and see if the produced video plays normally.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
masterdrago [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestion. The timeline is as you may have thought, sorted by file name with the 6 minute file as the last video. I'll try what you suggested and remove the 2nd file since that would be where the 25 minute mark would be. On several other vids that I shot while in Alaska that are longer than the 4Gig limit, they all play just fine as an individual file (vid). I do not know why the time stamp is wrong for the ending file and I do not know why any one of the single files will not play except for GH013634. I've not had much luck getting answers on the GoPro forum so I've not even asked the question there yet. Hey, wanted to comment on your interesting avatar. Pretty cool - The Spiral Snowflake -NGC6814. Wondering why that face-on galaxy?

Quote I don't have any GoPros, so I can't be certain here, but based on the file names, I think that the 6:00 clip (GH123634.MP4) should actually be the final clip. That would also make sense if you had the camera continually recording for hours starting @ 2:38 PM.

If so, the 6:00 clip's timestamp probably should be 5:43PM instead of 4:41PM. If you sort the clips by file name in PD's media library, the sequence should work. It will look like this:

It's also possible that the clip in question is corrupted. Does that clip play properly in PD or other media apps?

You didn't share a snapshot of your project timeline, so I don't know what's located at the 26m 25s mark. You may want to temporarily remove whichever clip is there and see if the produced video plays normally.
[Thumb - hubbard glacier timeline.jpg]
 Filename
hubbard glacier timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the suggestion. The timeline is as you may have thought, sorted by file name with the 6 minute file as the last video. I'll try what you suggested and remove the 2nd file since that would be where the 25 minute mark would be.
Hey, wanted to comment on your interesting avatar. Pretty cool - The Spiral Snowflake -NGC6814. Wondering why that face-on galaxy?

Let's see what happens when you remove the 2nd clip. If you suspect that something's wrong with it or the 6 min clip, you can upload one or both to a cloud folder and paste the link here for other people to examine.

As for my avatar, NGC4565 has always been my fave to look at through my 15" (38cm) f/5 Tectron telescope, but it didn't have much oomph in the avatar department. NGC6814 is beautiful and conveys a similarly "deep" message cool

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

masterdrago [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried merging two files - Gh073634 and Gh083634 with the same results - a 35minute video that only plays the audio but is locked on the frame from the original 2nd file at 25minutes. I upladed the original 6 minute file GH123634 to dropbox. It's 1.3G. Link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca4eqexrq5dl01r/GH123634.MP4?dl=0

Let's see what happens when you remove the 2nd clip. If you suspect that something's wrong with it or the 6 min clip, you can upload one or both to a cloud folder and paste the link here for other people to examine.

As for my avatar, NGC4565 has always been my fave to look at through my 15" (38cm) f/5 Tectron telescope, but it didn't have much oomph in the avatar department. NGC6814 is beautiful and conveys a similarly "deep" message cool
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for uploading the clip!

It's clearly damaged, because I also get the normal audio but frozen video in every app I've tried: VLC, Movies & TV, WMP, the original QuickTime Player and PD17. I also tried converting it using VirtualDub2, but the converted clip has the same issue.

It might be possible to repair the clip by trying other conversion or video repair apps, but the quickest answer is to not use it in your project.

I would definitely bring this up on the GoPro forum and directly with their tech support. You can use the same Dropbox link over there so they can access the clip and do a more though analysis/investigation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2019 13:46

YouTube/optodata

masterdrago [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fairly sure you are on the right track. I posted to one of the GoPro support forums. Not very active - last post was in January. As an experiment, I put the original card back in the GoPro. It only sees one of the Hubbard Glacier videos - the 1st one that will play on the pc and two others shot a different day. All of the other files related to the filming of the Hubbard Glacier pass are not even seen. They are .LRM and .THM files that the GP makes for viewing on the camera viewscreen. Maybe the GP support can repair them. Or maybe the Sandisk folks. It's a new card. Who knows. I'm going to shoot another 3 hour vid here on another card. I would use the same but not enough space left and if is savagable, don't want to kill it.

And about your avatar. Tom Clark has made some really fine scopes. I observed some Herbig Haro objects in northern Sagittarius in a 15" Tectron w/Galaxy Optics primary owned by Jay McNeil back when we called him "The Kid". That was b4 he discovered McNeil's Nebula and became famous.

Quote Thanks very much for uploading the clip!

It's clearly damaged, because I also get the normal audio but frozen video in every app I've tried: VLC, Movies & TV, WMP, the original QuickTime Player and PD17. I also tried converting it using VirtualDub2, but the converted clip has the same issue.

It might be possible to repair the clip by trying other conversion or video repair apps, but the quickest answer is to not use it in your project.

I would definitely bring this up on the GoPro forum and directly with their tech support. You can use the same Dropbox link over there so they can access the clip and do a more though analysis/investigation.