Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upload Instago 360 Evo files to youtube in 3d
JoelM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2019 18:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have an Instago 360 Evo camera which produces gorgeous 3d videos 180 which I can view easily on my Occulus Go directly from camera sd card. I have done 360 videos with and have figured out how to get them edited with power director 16 and uploaded to youtube in 360 format and able to view on Occulus. I cannot figure out how to get the 180 3d up to youube and viewable on occulus go from there. they keep coming out side by side in viewer and no vr. I use the Instago 360 studio to do some editing and then convert to mp4 which is what director gets for meerging and further editing. What is the step by step for getting them produced and uploaded correctly. Please HELP!! Insta Go is a great camera but their customer service is horrible. And Cyberlink wants to charge me for help. May have to if this does not work. And can what I want to do with the 3d actually work with 16?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have PD's preview window in 3D mode? When you produced you project, did you chose a 3D profile?

Also, In order to get the full 4k resolution from PD in 3D, you'll have to create a custom profile. See this post for step-by-step details. Please make sure your custom profile is based on an existing profile with the correct 3D output format! I believe that's Side-by-Side Full Width (L/R) for YouTube.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I cannot figure out how to get the 180 3d up to youube and viewable on occulus go from there. they keep coming out side by side in viewer and no vr.

The manufacturer’s webpage does not explain how 3d is recorded. Like whether it is side by side where you can use a cardboard viewer for YouTube or if shutter glasses are needed to view on a TV.

The review of the camera in Tom’s guide state that you watch footage from the Evo using the Samsung Gear VR or Oculus Go headsets, and with the $30 Holoframe. New 3D TV’s aren’t sold anymore and there is no other mention of any other way.

Go ahead and upload a short unedited 3D clip to YouTube and see what you need to do.

EDIT: optodata answered first. Check all your settings as suggested. That can be the first thing you need to do.
JoelM [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using the Instago 360 Studio which will edit but I cannot put several clips together after edit to upload. If I convert to mp4 after edit and place in desktop folder I can upload to Youtube and it comes out in 180 3d on my Go and on phone. All I want PD to do is let me combine clips and move back to desktop folder without making changes so I can just upload whole 3d movie to Youtube. The 360 clips have been no problem using the PD. I just need to know what boxes to check when I produce. Really do not want to pay $30 for one question ro Cyberlink support
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You keep saying that you don't want to pay for Cyberlink support. That's fine, and I've already answered your question of how to produce the clip to 3D in a YouTube-friendly format. If you need more assistance, we'd need to get more details from you.

For example, if you place a clip on PD's timeline, then right-click and choose Set Clip Attributes, then Set 3D Source Format..., what does it show? That's probably also going to be the best setting to use when you produce to 3D.

Another option is to upload short sample clips to Gogle Drive or OneDrive so that other people can try them out and make sure everything works.

You may also want to search the forum or the Cyberlink Learning Center or YouTube for tutorials on producing 3D projects with PD to understand all the various options. Some are pretty straightforward, but other features will take some time to learn how to use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2019 18:44

JoelM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You keep saying that you don't want to pay for Cyberlink support. That's fine, and I've already answered your question of how to produce the clip to 3D in a YouTube-friendly format. If you need more assistance, we'd need to get more details from you.

For example, if you place a clip on PD's timeline, then right-click and choose Set Clip Attributes, then Set 3D Source Format..., what does it show? That's probably also going to be the best setting to use when you produce to 3D.

Another option is to upload short sample clips to Gogle Drive or OneDrive so that other people can try them out and make sure everything works.

You may also want to search the forum or the Cyberlink Learning Center or YouTube for tutorials on producing 3D projects with PD to understand all the various options. Some are pretty straightforward, but other features will take some time to learn how to use.

I do that and I click on the side by side and hit ok. I then drop 2 videos into timeline. It has the 3d icon inupper left and lttle green icon on bottom left.when I pull them down the pteview screen shows little fisheye in middle. Whats next and thanks for your help