Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a DVD from multiple clips with select individual scenes option
Jon1822 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Nov 14, 2014 23:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All
I'm using 19 separate clips and want to make a DVD out of them. I want to have the scenes option so I can select individual clips and when the selected clip finishes it stops playing and returns to the menu.
If I enter the clips into the timeline I can select them individually but at the end of the clip PD just carries on playing the rest. I can also select Play from the front menu and all 19 clips will play as one complete sequence.
If I load the clips instead, via the Create Disk module, I can select them individually and PD will stop at the end of the selected clip and return to the menu.
However if if I select Play from the front page all the clips will play sequentionly but there is quite a significant pause between one clip and the next which of course is not satisfactory

Is there a way around this?

Regards

Jon Jon de Wiele
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Uncheck Include the Root Menu.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jon -

What tomasc says is correct

If you have a look at this toot from about 6:35 you'll see it applied. The first part is about constructing the menu template.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jon1822 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jon -

What tomasc says is correct

If you have a look at this toot from about 6:35 you'll see it applied. The first part is about constructing the menu template.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony for your prompt reply

If I uncheck the root menu I am unable to play the 19 clips sequentially...is this true and if so how do I fix it

If I don't uncheck the root menu I can still select individual clips and return to the menus but its when I select play (all) that there is a slight pause between each clip and it is that pause I want to remove

Any ideas?

Thank you again for yours and tomasc' prompt replies

Here's hoping you can suggest a liitle more

Regards

Jon Jon de Wiele
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Simply place all 19 clips on the timeline butted together and produce it as a title. Use this as the first title followed by the other 19 separate title.
Jon1822 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Simply place all 19 clips on the timeline butted together and produce it as a title. Use this as the first title followed by the other 19 separate title.

Hi Tomasc

Thankyou for your reply

I'll try this but I have a horrible feeling that this will make the whole thing considerably larger than one 4,5gig DVD!! The 19 clips only just fit now

I'll let you know

Regards

Jon Jon de Wiele