Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Multiple" subtitles?
JimPerry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2018 18:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD14 to create videos of racing events. I would like to have the name of the event in the lower right hand corner for the duration of the video, so everyone knows which event they are watching. I would also like to add subtitles periodically to point out things that are happening. However, it seems like I cannot do both.

Today I created the event name as the #1 subtitle, and made the duration about 4 minutes, the length of the video I then moved forward several seconds, and tried to create subitle #2. But when I clicked on the as the + subtitle #1 got shortened to the spot where I was doing the insertion of #2.

Is it possible to do what I want?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'd probably just use a basic "Title" from the Title Room (F7). They are a lot more versatile (location, fonts, colors...) than subtitles. Put the default title in track 2, double click to edit in "Title Designer" and move it to the corner and save and then grab the right side and extend to the length of your race clip. For your other info, drag another title to track 3.

Subtitles are handy if you want give the end viewer control on turning them on or off on certain playback media formats.

Jeff
Hastate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2019 04:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'd probably just use a basic "Title" from the Title Room (F7). They are a lot more versatile (location, fonts, colors...) than subtitles. Put the default title in track 2, double click to edit in "Title Designer" and move it to the corner and save and then grab the right side and extend to the length of your race clip. For your other info, drag another title to track 3.

Subtitles are handy if you want give the end viewer control on turning them on or off on certain playback media formats.

Jeff

Thank JL for this answer.
I'm trying to sub some dual language video from FB2Mate for my children to learn the new language.
Your answer helps me a lot.