Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No upgrade available to PowerDirector 17 ???
chnmanz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2009 18:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I know PowerDirector 17 exists, and I am currently using PowerDirector 16.

Within PowerDirector 16 if I click on the notification icon where you see "New Updates", "Upgrade Info" and DirectorZone info, I can only see "video of the week" under "DirectorZone Bulletin", and the "popular templates".

There is nothing showing under "Upgrade Info".

I also have other Cyberlink software which has no upgrades showing although I know there are upgrades by looking at the website.

I have seen it some months ago saying there was an upgrade to PhotoDirector (9 to 10) so it has worked before. I have in the last month done a clean install of Windows 10 with the latest "May 2019/1903" version and maybe there is something going on there?

If anyone reading this has any Cyberlink software installed (like PowerDirector 16) that isn't at the latest version, could you please check if your notification shows an upgrade or not. And if you have the latest Win 10 version I'd like to know also.

Thank You.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You don't need to rely on the pop-ups to upgrade any Cyberlink products.

You can generally find discount codes and other offers by visiting your Cyberlink account page. Also, you can click on any of the website banners to take advantage of those offers, regardless of whether your installed programs are showing that upgrade option or not.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I have seen it some months ago saying there was an upgrade to PhotoDirector (9 to 10) so it has worked before. I have in the last month done a clean install of Windows 10 with the latest "May 2019/1903" version and maybe there is something going on there?

If anyone reading this has any Cyberlink software installed (like PowerDirector 16) that isn't at the latest version, could you please check if your notification shows an upgrade or not. And if you have the latest Win 10 version I'd like to know also.

Thank You.

I have 1903 update installed and PowerDirector 16, and get content in the Upgrade Info section. See the attached image. When I click it, it takes me to a page where I could get the same discount as you can if you go through the PowerDirector page. I think Optodata's advice is the best (as per usual) if you are looking for an upgrade price.

So it is not a Windows issue. Could it be your firewall blocking content or did you deselect the check for software updates option in General preferences?

Dave
[Thumb - upgradeinfo.jpg]
 Filename
upgradeinfo.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
chnmanz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2009 18:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Well, all my Cyberlink products work as expected, so I won't worry about there being no notification of upgrades. If I uninstall, then reinstall, there is correct notification of updates within the same version, just no upgrades available.

I have tried installing on a Windows 7 laptop - same exact issue with "no upgrades". Tried using internet connection from cell phone, restored image backups and reinstalled, amongst other things.

Not worth wasting more time on this minor issue. I can tell there are upgrades easily by looking at the website anyway.

Thanks for suggestions.