Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go - Label Print LightScribe Help Please
Power_Director_User [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2019 10:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have just got Power2Go and it comes with label print 2 (version number : 2.5.0.1332 . I have a LightScribe drive and want to be able to create lightScribe disc artwork, but for some reason, the LightScribe feature isn't on the label print menu, even though it is supposed to be.

I know the drive works and that the discs are lightscribe discs, but I have no idea why in Cyberlink, it will not give me the facility to create a lightscribe label.

Any help is appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Check the (?) help file with the LabelPrint. You may need to have the the Lightscibe disc label side down to be recognized for that option to appear.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Did you install LightScribe SystemSoftware? it's kind of LightScribe drive's driver.
If not, try install from below first,

https://lightscribesoftware.org/lightscribesystemsoftware/
Power_Director_User [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2019 10:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I feel very silly indeed, but thanks to SumerJ, the issue is resolved.

For others who are having the same issue (now or in future) and a scanning for answers, you need to follow the link provided by SumerJ.

Without that, there is no driver for Lightscribe use on your system. Once it is installed, restart your machine, then you can edit and create lightscribe labels with Label Maker as part of the Power2Go suite.

If you're curious, you don't need a lightscribe disc in the drive to make a label onscreen, but obviously if you want to make the label afterwards, you do

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2019 09:45