Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a Looping Background (Pd17)
starzar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 01:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I wanted to create a car chase scene,with the backround image(png) looping from right to left.

One way to achieve this is to set location keyframes in the Pip designer but this is quite tedious and takes a lot of trail and error.Another may is through the Pan and Zoom window ,where each clip is assigned a predefined motion but the problem is that the background has to loop very fast and this method requires a lot of copying and pasting ,making is highly ineffecient .

An Automated Way to achieve this is through the Sildeshow Maker.The Slideshow maker has a "motion template" which make the clips move in random directions at regular intervals.If only this motion could be resticted to user defined directions .Please let me know ,it is possible to customise the motion in the slideshow template.
Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi starzar -

I don't have a clear idea of what you're trying to do, but the motion in the motion slideshow is absolutely customisable. After the template generates the slideshow, just click on Customize and you can reset the motion/duration for each image.

If you want something to loop - i.e. begin and end at the same point (without a hiccup) - there must be some work put in to do it precisely.

Making the sequence, then reversing it wouldn't work for your project???

create a car chase scene,with the backround image(png) looping from right to left

I can't even picture how that would look. Do you have a similar example?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!