Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjusting Powerdirector 17 for a 4k display
[Post New]
I just got a new laptop with a 4k display, and Powerdirector 17 workspace words, labels, etc... are so tiny, it's almost unusable...
I've reas a few topics, but they all want me to lower my native resolution, which to me is unacceptable, because it makes all my other programs look huge.
Is there any setting, or adjustment I can change, to make it usable again???
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's no reason to lower your display resolution. You should see some benefit from changing the display scaling options in Windows: Start > Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout along with Advanced scaling options are where to look.

On my Surface Pro 3, I have text scaling set to 175% on its 12" 2160 x1440 screen. At lower scales the fonts are too small to be useful. Google for additional tips.
[Post New]
Quote There's no reason to lower your display resolution. You should see some benefit from changing the display scaling options in Windows: Start > Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout along with Advanced scaling options are where to look.

On my Surface Pro 3, I have text scaling set to 175% on its 12" 2160 x1440 screen. At lower scales the fonts are too small to be useful. Google for additional tips.

The way my system is already layed out, the scaling works perfectly with everything, except PD17.
If I scale it up further, it blows up everything way too big, in order to make PD17 look OK.
There must be something within the program to fix this...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The way my system is already layed out, the scaling works perfectly with everything, except PD17.
If I scale it up further, it blows up everything way too big, in order to make PD17 look OK.
There must be something within the program to fix this...

I'm sorry. but there isn't. The layout is fixed with no user adjustments, other than undocking and resizing some of the individual tool windows (like the PiP Designer).

I can think of 5 additional step to take:

1. There is a Custom scaling uption under Window's Advanced scaling settings, and you can try making small changes there

2. Go to Windows' Settings > Ease of use > Magnifier and try out the many options. Perhaps having the magnifier follow your cursor would be the most helpful

3. On the Magnifier settings page, there's also a setting to Make everything on my computer bigger. Try adjusting the Make text bigger slider

4. Contact Cyberlink support from this page and open a support ticket. You may want to include the URL of this forum thread so that they can see the items you've already tried that didn't work. Paste the ticket number (Starting with CS) back here to close the loop

5. Use Rate US & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu to request a more scalable interface