Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Controlling Volume on One Audio Channel
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to selectively turn down the sound level for a portion of an audio track on one channel only. I know how to do it for both channels with key frames but I can't figure out how to do it separately for each channel.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm trying to selectively turn down the sound level for a portion of an audio track on one channel only. I know how to do it for both channels with key frames but I can't figure out how to do it separately for each channel.

One option is to do that in like Audio Editor since you want to operate on a single channel, say the left channel. In AE in the upper right corner lets you toggle to "Edit single channel" so you can select and make the mods on that channel only.

Jeff
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff, thanks
When I go into the editor and select the single channel button in the upper right and then make a keyframe volume change, it applies it to both channnels. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Dave
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Jeff, thanks
When I go into the editor and select the single channel button in the upper right and then make a keyframe volume change, it applies it to both channnels. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Dave

I'm not sure specifically what you really did from your description, maybe attach a pic. Pic attached shows changing the volumne to near zero on one channel of a stereo source for a small time duration.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_AEchannel.png]
 Filename
PD17_AEchannel.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
466 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff,
Looks like you did what I want. I tried to copy your procedure. I used the sliders to select the area I want to reduce volume for, but I can't figure out how to turn the volume down for this segment. Thanks for the help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Looks like you did what I want. I tried to copy your procedure. I used the sliders to select the area I want to reduce volume for, but I can't figure out how to turn the volume down for this segment. Thanks for the help.

Just under the Effects > Volume and then adjust the "Output gain"

Jeff
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff. Got it!!!