Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor question.
scooby
Member Location: Warwickshire Joined: Mar 16, 2009 03:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I am a newbie with very little experience of audio editing but recently had a look at WaveEditor 2.0.0.5620 which is part of my Cyberlink bundle that I purchased some time ago primarily for Power Director. I tried to load a couple of my .wav files and it wouldn't allow me to do that, however I could load a .MP3 file successfully.

I then discovered a folder containing 87 .wav files that was downloaded as part of my Cyberlink package but I couldn't load any of those. Would anyone know why I can't do that ?

And 2 more questions if I may. What is the difference between AudioDirector and WaveDirector and do audio files have codecs like video files do. TIA for any assistance.
[Post New]
Hello scooby,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I have exactly the same version of WaveEditor installed here (2.0.0.5620) & it imports .WAV files without any problem. Please download the attached .WAV file & report what happens when you attempt to import it.

For many basic audio editing requirements, WaveEditor will probably suffice. AudioDirector is quite a bit more advanced and has features beyond WE's capacity.

By the way, Wave Editor has now been replaced by AudioEditor (in more recent versions of PDR).

PIX
 Filename
Goosebumps_Stinger.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
759 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
483 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
scooby
[Post New]
Thank you Pix. I did as you suggested and downloaded your .wav file to my desktop. I could double click it and play it. But when I tried to get it into WE, using Import Audio Files>Open the message shown below appeared on screen. I used the free version of PD for years and then purchased a bundle that contains Power Director15, Audio Editor 7(64 bit), Screen Recorder 15 and Wave Editor. I do have a 64 bit Windows 8.1 desktop, Would that have anything to do with the inability to load ,wav files ?

EDIT I do not appear to be able to download the .jpg for immediate vision but if you click the Download option the screen dump can be seen.
[Thumb - WAV4.JPG]
 Filename
WAV4.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2019 07:49

[Post New]
That's very odd, because when one edits audio from a video in PDR it sends the extracted audio to WE in .WAV format! How does that work in your circumstance???

Of course, you have the option to use ADR instead, but it's worth persuing the issue.

I can't think of what to try next, & I'm hopeful that one of our more audio-literate members might have a suggestion.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Goosebumps_Stinger.wav imports into PD15 and in WaveEditor by itself from the Windows download folder in my pc.

Can you verify that the file is actually there at the path indicated? It looks like that it came from a different pc.
scooby
[Post New]
Quote That's very odd, because when one edits audio from a video in PDR it sends the extracted audio to WE in .WAV format! How does that work in your circumstance???

PIX

I will go through that routine and report back.
scooby
[Post New]
Quote Goosebumps_Stinger.wav imports into PD15 and in WaveEditor by itself from the Windows download folder in my pc.

Can you verify that the file is actually there at the path indicated? It looks like that it came from a different pc.
Yes, it is the correct path, it's is just the way my pc is laid out. Maybe I should try with the wav file nearer the root ?
scooby
[Post New]
I wrote in my opening post of this topic that I had found 87 audio files that were part of the Cyberlink bundle that I purchased. I'm sorry but I meant 87 folders and each folder contains one audio file. I have just chosen one of the folders and opened it and can play the ,wav file using Windows Media Player and QuickTime Player. But I can't load it into WE. I have a wrong setting somewhere on my pc I would have thought.
[Thumb - WAVE5.JPG]
 Filename
WAVE5.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
147 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)