Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Syncing tracks in Audio Director
jdono624 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Weymouth ,MA Joined: Jul 30, 2017 16:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm new here to Audio Director, but have been using Power Director for a few years. Anyway, what I'm looking to do is import mulitple audio files and sync them together, much like what can be done with Power Director. I record bands with two cameras and a Zoom alone or tied to the board depending on what I can get. Either way, I usually end up with three audio files of the same song. I'd like to use Audio Director to use the effects; particularly the surround sound feature so I can have the audio from the left and right cameras respectively end up on the left and right sides and the cleaner audio in the middle.

I am using Power Direcror 17 and Audio Director 9

If this has been answered elsewhere, sorry for the repeat question.

Thank you!
[Post New]
I have 2 videos and obviously 2 audio tracks filmed at a concert. Cutting from one to another, camera angles basically, is fine but need to add both audio tracks and cannot figure how to do it with Audio Director either?

EDIT - Also currently using PD17 Ultra and AD 7 Ultra versions

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2020 17:34

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have 2 videos and obviously 2 audio tracks filmed at a concert. Cutting from one to another, camera angles basically, is fine but need to add both audio tracks and cannot figure how to do it with Audio Director either?

EDIT - Also currently using PD17 Ultra and AD 7 Ultra versions

I always do this in PD, either using the MultiCam Designer or manually with all tracks synced on the timeline.

If you need to do processing in AD, it's probably easiest to place each clip by itself on PD's timeline, then right-click on it and choose Edit Audio > AudioDirector... Make all the changes you need, then close AD and it will send the edited audio back to PD, which will swap out the original audio track on that clip.

Next, select the original video section and the new audio, then right-click and choose Link/Unlink Video and Audio. That way PD will treat the two individual sections as a single clip for future editing, although some tools may require you to separate (unlink) them.

The way to make sure that all editing tools are avaiable would be to produce each clip once you've made the AD edits, so that each clip is a whole, standalone clip (rather than being partially like Frankenstein). If you use SVRT, the producing should be very quick and won't affect the video quality at all.

Another workflow in PD would be to leave all the clips' audio as-is, and complete all the editing for your project. At that point, you can either do the same steps as before (have AD swap out each section that you want to edit), or produce the project and then send the entire clip to AD for editing.

There's no right or wrong way to do this, mostly it's a matter of going with the fewest steps, or the making the AD edits in the easiest possible way. Different projects might well have different workflows.
[Post New]

I always do this in PD, either using the MultiCam Designer or manually with all tracks synced on the timeline.

If you need to do processing in AD, it's probably easiest to place each clip by itself on PD's timeline, then right-click on it and choose Edit Audio > AudioDirector... Make all the changes you need, then close AD and it will send the edited audio back to PD, which will swap out the original audio track on that clip.

Next, select the original video section and the new audio, then right-click and choose Link/Unlink Video and Audio. That way PD will treat the two individual sections as a single clip for future editing, although some tools may require you to separate (unlink) them.

The way to make sure that all editing tools are avaiable would be to produce each clip once you've made the AD edits, so that each clip is a whole, standalone clip (rather than being partially like Frankenstein). If you use SVRT, the producing should be very quick and won't affect the video quality at all.

Another workflow in PD would be to leave all the clips' audio as-is, and complete all the editing for your project. At that point, you can either do the same steps as before (have AD swap out each section that you want to edit), or produce the project and then send the entire clip to AD for editing.

There's no right or wrong way to do this, mostly it's a matter of going with the fewest steps, or the making the AD edits in the easiest possible way. Different projects might well have different workflows.

Thanks, very helpful. At least I now have a good idea what to do now. Think because I was trying to do it all in "one project" so to speak it got too complicated also I didn't know AD saved the edit back wnen "closed"