Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CD Key - Upgrade key won't activate trial version!
Plexus [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jan 20, 2007 19:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so I started off with PowerDVD 3 retail. Then I upgraded to PowerDVD 5 (I think I did 4 too, but can't find my download for that).
I then upgraded to PowerDVD6 and now finally PowerDVD7 with Advanced Audio Pack...

My laptop recently broke, so I've replaced it, and have nearly finished reinstalling my applications...

Unfortunately, the download link I received was for the 'upgrade' version, which won't install unless I've got a previous version.. which is the same if I remember for all previous versions.. so this means I've got to go back and start installing from version 3!!

I thought I'd download the trial version and just 'activate' it using my CD Key, but the trial version won't accept my CD key!

What's the best way to activate my software, without having to un-necessarily reinstall several defunct versions?

Thanks in advance,

Jason Sheldon
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jason,
You need to contact Technical support. Explain your situation to them and give as much information as possible,including the CD key for each version that you have. Hopefully, they will then provide you with a new link to re download.

Regards
Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2007 14:11

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
onanong [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2007 19:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jason,
You need to contact Technical support. Explain your situation to them and give as much information as possible,including the CD key for each version that you have. Hopefully, they will then provide you with a new link to re download.

Regards
Robert
hallo