Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Digital Juice & Powerdirector
Dr Bobeque [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2019 21:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to use Digital Juice Shoulder Sets and Animated Overlays with PD 17. The downloads to my computer come as zip files. I cannot import the zip files into PD 17. The zip files have embeded alpha. Suggestions?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The downloads to my computer come as zip files. I cannot import the zip files into PD 17. The zip files have embeded alpha. Suggestions?

No one can import zip files. They need to be extracted first. Right mouse click on each zip file in Windows explorer and choose Extract to …wherever you want them to be. You can buy pkunzip to do the same job but that function is already in win 10.
Dr Bobeque [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dr Bobeque -

Once you've sorted out your zip files, it's important to understand that those animated overlays and "shoulder sets" on Digital Juice are typically made for other software. e.g. many of the animated overlays are After Effects projects.

BUT

... even though they may be Ae, Apple Motion, or some other project, you'll find that many of the included media assets will be useable in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dr Bobeque [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.