Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should I enable 'Hardware Video Encoder' (Fast Video Rendering Technology option)
src [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2019 10:08 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I'm producing clips that are about 5-10 GB in size using the H265 or H264 codec in PD17.

I have a Rhyzen 5 2600 six core, 12 thread processor and my video card is an NVidia GTX 1060 6GB.

Looking for speed.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Enabling the Hardware video encoder should give you slightly faster video encoding on h.264. Some say 4x faster in some cases. You probably want to use it for h.265 encoding as it may be too slow for you without it. Try a 10 minute Produce Range video test and you can decide if it is for you.
src [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2019 10:08 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Enabling the Hardware video encoder should give you slightly faster video encoding on h.264. Some say 4x faster in some cases. You probably want to use it for h.265 encoding as it may be too slow for you without it. Try a 10 minute Produce Range video test and you can decide if it is for you.

Right, I tried it, and an H265 3.5 GB clip took 41 minutes without hardware enabled and 5 minutes with it enabled. Thanks.