Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch v3424 issues
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
I recently updated PD16 to v3424. All seemed well until I shut down and restarted my laptop. Immediately after booting I get "the nvidia quadro k2000m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged" error msg and the system locks up completely. Hard power down is the only option. Suspecting that there is a driver conflict I boot in safe mode and restore system to a previous point I had set up prior. Powerdirector shows up as the only affected program. So I restore knowing that this patch should be removed. Now my laptop boots properly and I start up PD and all seems back to normal. However, when I look at the version it shows v3424. Everything seems to work as it did prior except when I attempt to go into preferences PD crashes. Its bizarre. I loaded some recent projects, imported new files, produced a few and everything looks normal......until I go to preferences. I am kicking myself because except for a few quirks 16 had been running quite smoothly on my old laptop. I should have left well enough alone. Any help appreciated.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
244 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2019 15:06

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear about the big problems, and thanks very much for posting all these details and for attaching the dxDiag results!

Sounds like restore point you reverted to is possibly more recent than when you installed the PD16 patch. If that's the case, then the 3424 patch wasn't what did you in. It's also possible that something did go wrong with 3424 or that the recent restore process damaged your PD16 installation.

My first thought is to uninstall PD and remove all user preferences if you're prompted for that, then install PD again. Obviously don't add the patch yet. Make sure everything is good, and confirm that a new restore point has been created. You can manually create one if needed.

Next, go to the Dell support website for your Precision M4700 and see if the Diagnostics app will run. Let it apply the most recent updates. Your DxDiag results DO NOT SHOW any nVidia card present, and hopefully the diagnostics app will help with that.

If not, go to Win7's Device Manager and see if the nVidia card has a yellow exclamation point next to it. You'll want to Google for solutions, and then make sure you have the most recent driver for it from the Precision M4700 driver page. You'll also want to get the latest Intel video driver, as yours dates from 2016 and the current one is from Jan 2109.

Once you have you nVidia card working and all drivers are up to date, make a final restore point and then apply the 3424 patch. Hopefully things will work better this time!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Optodata- Thank you for your timely response. I will have to take my time with what you describe as I am not confident in this process without reading and re reading your instructions. Not that they arent beautifully detailed but my tech savy has its limits. LOL
A couple thing to note: The restore point was manually set moments prior to the patch install. Secondly removing and reinstalling PD has me a bit concerned as I have had this for a couple of years now. It was an online purchase that was downloaded. I am not sure how long those links remain active. Is there a way to test that prior to uninstalling ?? Thanks
Quote Sorry to hear about the big problems, and thanks very much for posting all these details and for attaching the dxDiag results!

Sounds like restore point you reverted to is possibly more recent than when you installed the PD16 patch. If that's the case, then the 3424 patch wasn't what did you in. It's also possible that something did go wrong with 3424 or that the recent restore process damaged your PD16 installation.

My first thought is to uninstall PD and remove all user preferences if you're prompted for that, then install PD again. Obviously don't add the patch yet. Make sure everything is good, and confirm that a new restore point has been created. You can manually create one if needed.

Next, go to the Dell support website for your Precision M4700 and see if the Diagnostics app will run. Let it apply the most recent updates. Your DxDiag results DO NOT SHOW any nVidia card present, and hopefully the diagnostics app will help with that.

If not, go to Win7's Device Manager and see if the nVidia card has a yellow exclamation point next to it. You'll want to Google for solutions, and then make sure you have the most recent driver for it from the Precision M4700 driver page. You'll also want to get the latest Intel video driver, as yours dates from 2016 and the current one is from Jan 2109.

Once you have you nVidia card working and all drivers are up to date, make a final restore point and then apply the 3424 patch. Hopefully things will work better this time!

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Optodata- Thank you for your timely response. I will have to take my time with what you describe as I am not confident in this process without reading and re reading your instructions. Not that they arent beautifully detailed but my tech savy has its limits. LOL
A couple thing to note: The restore point was manually set moments prior to the patch install. Secondly removing and reinstalling PD has me a bit concerned as I have had this for a couple of years now. It was an online purchase that was downloaded. I am not sure how long those links remain active. Is there a way to test that prior to uninstalling ?? Thanks

Ok. If you saved the original installer that you downloaded from those links, then you can go forward with uninstalling/reinstalling.

If you did NOT save the installer program, you will need to contact Cyberlink and provide your purchase information. It may take them a couple of days to respond, so don't proceed until you have the installer.

Please note that the installer will probably load v3424 directly so there won't be a second step to apply the update. Be sure to save the installer in a safe and easy to find location in case you need it again!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Peter Podder
[Post New]

Ok. If you saved the original installer that you downloaded from those links, then you can go forward with uninstalling/reinstalling.

If you did NOT save the installer program, you will need to contact Cyberlink and provide your purchase information. It may take them a couple of days to respond, so don't proceed until you have the installer.

Please note that the installer will probably load v3424 directly so there won't be a second step to apply the update. Be sure to save the installer in a safe and easy to find location in case you need it again!

That was a dumb question on my part. Of course I do have all the files saved on an external thumb drive. The question I have now is with uninstalling. Which part of the program am I uninstalling ? And what am I reinstalling in its place ? Do I have to remove everything ?? This gives me stress for some reason and I appreciate your patience.
[Thumb - PD 16 DOWNLOAD FILES.JPG]
 Filename
PD 16 DOWNLOAD FILES.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

optodata
[Post New]
Quote That was a dumb question on my part. Of course I do have all the files saved on an external thumb drive. The question I have now is with uninstalling. Which part of the program am I uninstalling ? And what am I reinstalling in its place ? Do I have to remove everything ?? This gives me stress for some reason and I appreciate your patience.

That's certainly not a dumb question. In fact I think you made a very smart move that many people don't think to do when they install PD.

The only thing you have to uninstall is the first item which is the main app. Everything else is content packs and add-ons, and most likely, if there's a problem that uninstalling can resolve, it's with that single program.

There's no need to rush here, and if you're concerned about possible ramifications, then slow and steady is the right approach. Have you been able to get the Dell diagnostics/update helper app to work? Ideally you should have your laptop up to date before tackling PD16.

Next, uninstall just the first item on the program list, reboot and install PD16 again. I don't know if the installer is set to only install the original version or if it will download the latest version, but you'll find out soon enough.

If you still have the big crash or can't access the Preferences menu, download the free version of RevoUninstallerPro and uninstall PD16 from there. Choose the Moderate or Advanced level for scanning modes, and delete all the recommended files and registry keys. Use Revo's help features or a web search for more details.

At that point, you might as well uninstall all of the content packs and add-ons.: the whole kit and kaboodle. Then install PD16 fresh and let it prompt you to add everything else.

YouTube/optodata

Peter Podder
[Post New]

That's certainly not a dumb question. In fact I think you made a very smart move that many people don't think to do when they install PD.

The only thing you have to uninstall is the first item which is the main app. Everything else is content packs and add-ons, and most likely, if there's a problem that uninstalling can resolve, it's with that single program.

There's no need to rush here, and if you're concerned about possible ramifications, then slow and steady is the right approach. Have you been able to get the Dell diagnostics/update helper app to work? Ideally you should have your laptop up to date before tackling PD16.

Next, uninstall just the first item on the program list, reboot and install PD16 again. I don't know if the installer is set to only install the original version or if it will download the latest version, but you'll find out soon enough.

If you still have the big crash or can't access the Preferences menu, download the free version of RevoUninstallerPro and uninstall PD16 from there. Choose the Moderate or Advanced level for scanning modes, and delete all the recommended files and registry keys. Use Revo's help features or a web search for more details.

At that point, you might as well uninstall all of the content packs and add-ons.: the whole kit and kaboodle. Then install PD16 fresh and let it prompt you to add everything else.

Oh, I am taking my time alright. Thanks for your guidance. PD 16 has been working quite nicely for me on my refurbed machine. For whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to change that. LOL It will probably take me the better part of this week to get to everything, with work and all. Nothing I have is urgent with editing. I just want it back to my nice comfy place. And yes I ran the diagnostics that you suggested and yes I see the drivers that need updating. So in the next few days I will be tackling that. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. I will report back as I move along.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2019 22:27

Peter Podder
[Post New]
Update: Everything seems to be working quite nicely now. Re-installed PD and after unsuccessfull attempts to update the video drivers the one that seemed to have worked (while allowing PD to update) was the BIOS driver. Not without some struggles but hey.....its all good now. Thanks for your help Optodata. Its much appreciated.

Oh, I am taking my time alright. Thanks for your guidance. PD 16 has been working quite nicely for me on my refurbed machine. For whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to change that. LOL It will probably take me the better part of this week to get to everything, with work and all. Nothing I have is urgent with editing. I just want it back to my nice comfy place. And yes I ran the diagnostics that you suggested and yes I see the drivers that need updating. So in the next few days I will be tackling that. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. I will report back as I move along.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2019 02:44