Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio synch issue on short, simple video
CyberCFP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2019 07:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, this is my first foray into editing and I already have a problem. I have a MP4 file shot on my Pixel 3 XL against a green screen, about 40 seconds long. I imported the MP4 into PD17 (timeline mode) and when I produce the movie under the Profile Analyzer best matched format (MPG4 as well), the resulting production works fine.

But when I move the media into layer 2, put in anything (either static or video) in layer 1, set the chroma on layer 2, the audio is now out of synch both on the preview and the production.

Where does the problem lie? Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like you may have a variable framerate video, often easiest to check with a free utility like MediaInfo. My experience is PD can have trouble with audio sync issues with this variable framerate and often the best solution is to simply convert with a free utility like Handbrake to a constant framerate.

In this case, since PD appears okay with no editing, you may be able to use PD to create a working file for editing. Use the "Profile Analyzer" as you have, just make sure under "Fast video rendering technology:" nothing is selected and produce your video. Use this video in the timeline and see if sync issue remains after your edits.

Jeff
CyberCFP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2019 07:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Aha. I used Handbrake and that seems to have worked! First hurdle surmounted. Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2019 09:47