Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
remove gaps/spaces between media clips, automatically
[Post New]
How do you automatically move gaps between media on a the timeline? I need to have clips touching each other to apply crossfade transition between them all. If a small gap is between and two clips, the transition cannot be done. I did this years ago by highlighting all the clips and then doing something I cannot remember. It was a 2-3 step process and caused all the clips to move together. Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I’m not aware of a method to do this automatically to all gaps in a timeline. You basically can auto adjust one at a time and it slides all other clips (right mouse click on gap and then options). If all your video is in track 1, the storyboard view (tab key) works good to easily see and then one by one delete the gaps. Sliding other video to track 1 if you have lots of gaps in another track is an option too.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote I’m not aware of a method to do this automatically to all gaps in a timeline. You basically can auto adjust one at a time and it slides all other clips (right mouse click on gap and then options). If all your video is in track 1, the storyboard view (tab key) works good to easily see and then one by one delete the gaps. Sliding other video to track 1 if you have lots of gaps in another track is an option too.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, this will speed up the editing. Phil Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA