Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NVIDIA Retiring 3D Vision - What now?
lxf12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2015 16:18 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
My point is that advertising Windows 10 suport is misleading and Cyberlink should instead cleary state windows 10 suport doesn't include computers with NVIDIA cards. Anything else is actually very misleading. I guess cyberlink could add that users of POWERDVD19 can playback 3D blu rays with Nvidia cards if the user is willing to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 and also install an older nvidia videocard driver. I guess both intel and AMD have solutions for 3D playback included in their drivers and software still. Cyberlink should let users know 3D playback is not something they are making possible through there software but requires 3rd party suport and drivers that contain the programing code that allows for 3D movies to be played.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2019 14:17

markvergin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2016 08:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My point is that advertising Windows 10 suport is misleading and Cyberlink should instead cleary state windows 10 suport doesn't include computers with NVIDIA cards. Anything else is actually very misleading. I guess cyberlink could add that users of POWERDVD19 can playback 3D blu rays with Nvidia cards if the user is willing to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 and also install an older nvidia videocard driver. I guess both intel and AMD have solutions for 3D playback included in their drivers and software still. Cyberlink should let users know 3D playback is not something they are making possible through there software but requires 3rd party suport and drivers that contain the programing code that allows for 3D movies to be played.

i think issues relates to your pc drivers, my 3d playback still work as intended, as i did corectly updated every drvier recently via drivers website.
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My point is that advertising Windows 10 suport is misleading and Cyberlink should instead cleary state windows 10 suport doesn't include computers with NVIDIA cards. Anything else is actually very misleading. I guess cyberlink could add that users of POWERDVD19 can playback 3D blu rays with Nvidia cards if the user is willing to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 and also install an older nvidia videocard driver. I guess both intel and AMD have solutions for 3D playback included in their drivers and software still. Cyberlink should let users know 3D playback is not something they are making possible through there software but requires 3rd party suport and drivers that contain the programing code that allows for 3D movies to be played.

I don't agree, the PowerDVD19 web page clearly states additional hardware is required for 3D and the the specs it says quote

"Blu-ray 3D with or without Hardware Acceleration: 3D
display and 3D glasses are required (NVIDIA 3D Vision, 3D Ready HDTV,
HDMI 1.4-enabled TV, Micro-polarizer LCD or Anaglyph Red/Cyan Glasses).
HDCP compliant display for digital output."

If you no longer have "Nvidia 3D Vision" then hard luck, though I would presume Anaglyph still works and depending on your TV/display maybe Micro-polarizer.
As I said in the previous post complain to Nvidia it is not a Cyberlink issue. Joe
lxf12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2015 16:18 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Way to let us all down.
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Way to let us all down.

Not sure what you mean by that?

BTW I recently read a post on another forum that indicated that new Nvidia GPUs will not work with older drivers so downgrading to a 3D supporting driver may no longer be an option. Careful what you buy if you want to play 3D. Joe
bjones8103 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2020 20:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Not sure what you mean by that?

BTW I recently read a post on another forum that indicated that new Nvidia GPUs will not work with older drivers so downgrading to a 3D supporting driver may no longer be an option. Careful what you buy if you want to play 3D.

I guess this also means that PowerDVD 2D to 3D conversion no longer works with newer Nvidia cards. What about 3D when used with VR headsets connected to PCs utilizing Nvidia cards. If not, Nvidia just cut their own throats.