Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NVIDIA Retiring 3D Vision - What now?
Sargon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2019 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a collection of 3D Blu-Rays and unfortunately it seems that NVIDIA is dropping support for 3D vision. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4781
Without these drivers, PowerDVD claims that I do not have a 3D monitor. What now? Does Cyberlink have any plans for releasing a substitute? (No I'm not gonna use those silly cyan/red glassess).
lxf12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2015 16:18 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Wow. This is terrible. Only reason I have powerdvd. I can't get any 3d blu rays now to play with latest NVIDIA drivers. How rediculous when things that use to work don't.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
NVIDIA retired the thing on their hardware directly, now you are asking cyberlink to take responsibilities?

NVIDIA already told users the solution is that you can stay with the 418 release driver if you wants to continue using the 3D playback.

Or, I believe it's time to use other GPUs.

NVIDIA doesn't think that 3D is a thing that makes them money nowadays.
This message is pretty clear because they ceased the 3D playback solution entirely in their new version driver.
lxf12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am frustrated things that worked don't now but understand too I'm not interested in blaming anyone. I personally used PowerDVD only to watch my 3D Blu Rays. If issue isn't resolved by someone I wont be using this software anymore but I'm not blaming anyone. As far as being responsible as a company Cyberlink could update their specs page for this palyer. Currently they report blu ray 3d being suported by them on computers with intel, amd and nvidia devices. I myself havn't been able to get 3D working on an intel device either.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 29. 2019 17:24

QC2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can stay with NVIDIA 418 release driver to use the 3D playback (NVIDIA 3D Vision) in powerdvd till your hardware aged and broken.

I think 3D contents will be less after NVIDIA took this move.
lxf12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm curiouis QC 2.0 what hardware you use and if you also watch 3D Blu Rays with PowerDVD 19? Thanks for your help in this matter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2019 08:43

QC2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Intel one, which is capable to play uhd-bd.
lxf12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm glad you can watch UHD videos.

Anyone have any information about AMD cards that work with cyberlink and 3d vision or intel graphics. I'm not sure any do unfortunately. Would be very interestesd in any cards that do work now with their current drivers of course. Would buy. As I've said very interested in 3D Blu Rays myself.
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm glad you can watch UHD videos.

Anyone have any information about AMD cards that work with cyberlink and 3d vision or intel graphics. I'm not sure any do unfortunately. Would be very interestesd in any cards that do work now with their current drivers of course. Would buy. As I've said very interested in 3D Blu Rays myself.

I can't confirm with respect to PowerDVD 19 (I'm still on 18 with latest updates) but AMD (I have an RX 570) plays 3D. I did have a problem with a Cyberlink update of last year but it is fixed now. I install AMD updates regularly and have never had a problem in that respect with 3D. I did flirt with an Nvidia GTX 1060Ti for a while but it always had problems playing 3D Blurays in 3D so dumped it. No complex set ups for 3D with AMD it just works.laughing Joe
Stevie123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2016 17:27 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]

I can't confirm with respect to PowerDVD 19 (I'm still on 18 with latest updates) but AMD (I have an RX 570) plays 3D. I did have a problem with a Cyberlink update of last year but it is fixed now. I install AMD updates regularly and have never had a problem in that respect with 3D. I did flirt with an Nvidia GTX 1060Ti for a while but it always had problems playing 3D Blurays in 3D so dumped it. No complex set ups for 3D with AMD it just works.laughing

How can that work with AMD? They don't support 3D.
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]

How can that work with AMD? They don't support 3D.

Says who??? Not cyberlink for sure! Joe
[Post New]

Says who??? Not cyberlink for sure!

I have a RX 560 I have given up on, the 3D is spuratic at best, lots of crashes and confusing software (ATI - AMD have always had a software problem) I switched back to an Nvidia EVGA GTX 1060 and use the last 3D drivers they will ever develop. I dont know how long this will last but for now it is the final solution for me ! soundsnake8
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]

I have a RX 560 I have given up on, the 3D is spuratic at best, lots of crashes and confusing software (ATI - AMD have always had a software problem) I switched back to an Nvidia EVGA GTX 1060 and use the last 3D drivers they will ever develop. I dont know how long this will last but for now it is the final solution for me !

I suppose the Nvidia 3D setup utility is simple, reliable and always functions perfectly...NOT!wink

I'm talking about frame packed (BD3D) with 3D capable TV over 1.4+ HDMI using passive glasses. The problems I have had with Bluray 3D playback have never been an AMD issue, PowerDVD sometimes Nvidia 1060 Ti always!
3D MKV vids saved from original disks have always played perfectly in 3D using MPC/LAV/Madvr with AMD GPUs. What problems I have seen with 3D playback with PowerDVD have mostly been with original disks and .iso, i.e. with menus and I do not believe that to be anything to do with AMD GPUs! Joe
[Post New]
I should'nt have read your post ! I have spent the last 3 days re-installing my radeon rx560 and making a lot of system changes. I settled on MPC-BE64 with madVR. I downloaded it from shark codecs. I have to say so far it is quite fantastic ! I do like the way the rx560 responds with MPC-BE64 very smooth, a big leap forward ! I am using a mix of MK3D's and iso's.Thanks for the focus change. soundsnake8
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad you got your RX 560 running again but sorry for prodding you into the work..wink. MPC-BE x 64 is a good choice, nice program and actively supported. Madvr is brilliant though heavy on GPU but the RXs can cope with it quite well.
My storage space is not unlimited so I do still like to view an original disk before deciding whether to "back it up" to .mkv. I have thought about using a BD decoder but given the choice between questionable legal and expensive software and a reasonable priced PowerDVD, I have stuck with Cyberlink for everything except MKVs. Joe
gibman_dk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2019 03:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Haven't tried this myself yet, but a workaround seems applicable.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1109399/3d-vision/the-way-its-meant-to-be-played-/1/
lxf12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My Windows 10 update just automatically installed nvidia driver 430.58. Now no longer suports 3DTV play and I can no longer play 3D on my hdmi 1.4 set with a 2080ti card. Looks like no fix coming and this is probably the end for 3D blu ray stereoscopic playback with cyberlink player 19 on windows 10. It is time the product page is updated and the 3D playback feature removed as it is definitely not suported anymore on windows 10. I will not be buying powerdvd anymore unless they come out with there own solution for this.

Game over man. Game over.
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My Windows 10 update just automatically installed nvidia driver 430.58. Now no longer suports 3DTV play and I can no longer play 3D on my hdmi 1.4 set with a 2080ti card. Looks like no fix coming and this is probably the end for 3D blu ray stereoscopic playback with cyberlink player 19 on windows 10. It is time the product page is updated and the 3D playback feature removed as it is definitely not suported anymore on windows 10. I will not be buying powerdvd anymore unless they come out with there own solution for this.

Game over man. Game over.

3D playback is still working fine with AMD GPUs and I believe with Intel ones. It was Nvidia's choice to drop 3D support, complain to them and ask for a fix, it is not a Cyberlink problem!
Also I can't believe it is not possible to roll back the Nvidia driver and stop auto updates, both Win 10 and Nvidia.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2019 09:14

Joe
markvergin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2016 08:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
am using
lenova all in one pc, with
Intel HD 530 Driver DCH 26.20.100.6912
Nvidia 950a GeForce 431.36 WHQL driver
Benq W1080st+ projector 2017 model, 106" screen
win 10 insider preview 1903 with "3d on" in display

no issues, even viewing experience been enchanced and 2x better than nvidia driver 430.58.
i always do clean install on all drivers updates.
lxf12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My point is that advertising Windows 10 suport is misleading and Cyberlink should instead cleary state windows 10 suport doesn't include computers with NVIDIA cards. Anything else is actually very misleading. I guess cyberlink could add that users of POWERDVD19 can playback 3D blu rays with Nvidia cards if the user is willing to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 and also install an older nvidia videocard driver. I guess both intel and AMD have solutions for 3D playback included in their drivers and software still. Cyberlink should let users know 3D playback is not something they are making possible through there software but requires 3rd party suport and drivers that contain the programing code that allows for 3D movies to be played.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2019 14:17