Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing Frames - SOLVED
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Here is something I have never come across before. I scanned some old 8mm films into mp4. The old films had some bubbles burned into them from a projector that was going bad, so I went through and removed all of those frames. However, when I produce the video, the burns are still there. I went back to my project and I can not see any frames with the burn marks. I enlarged the time line all the way and went frame by frame. They simple are not there, but they still show up in the produced video.

Is PowerDirector skipping these frames? Does PowerDirector have a cache that may need to be cleared? I can not figure this one out.

Attached is the time line. You can see every individual frame. One occurs where the slider is and the other is 23 frames earlier at another split.
[Thumb - blip.jpg]
 Filename
blip.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
412 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2019 23:13

Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is PowerDirector skipping these frames? Does PowerDirector have a cache that may need to be cleared? I can not figure this one out.

Could be, it depends heavily on the exact structure of the source files, much discussion here for PD17: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78845.page which some aspects are in PD15 too. Not a cache issue so nothing to clear.

Quote Attached is the time line. You can see every individual frame. One occurs where the slider is and the other is 23 frames earlier at another split.

Not at all sure what you mean by this. One can never see individual frames on the timeline with PD, those are simply thumbnails to give editor a content idea. You can toggle frame by frame and view in the edit window though.

Jeff
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I imported the produced video into the project and overlayed it on top of the clips. Found the frame with the burn. Then I hid the video, showing the original clip. It was not showing any burn. The video stayed perfectly in sync, so some how PD is replacing the removed frames when it produces the video. I worked around the issue by removing an extra frame in front of the one I want removed, but I don't like having to cut out that much. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Two thoughts: what happens if you delete the preceding (and/or following) frame in addition to every damaged one?

Also, there are a couple of other similar posts from fairly recently, and maybe you could manually clear out the cache files as spelled out in detail in this post.

EDIT: I posted just after you did, and you might want to duplicate the nearest frame adjacent to the additional one you removed to reduce the visibility of your edits.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2019 23:03

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
James Dotson
[Post New]
Not at all sure what you mean by this. One can never see individual frames on the timeline with PD, those are simply thumbnails to give editor a content idea. You can toggle frame by frame and view in the edit window though.

You are correct. It looks like every frame, but it does, in fact, skip several frames at a time. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
[Post New]
Thanks. Following the above links it looks like there is a fix for PD17. I plan to upgrade soon anyways. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM