Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slower playback of .ts videos in PowerDVD 19 Trial
Steve445 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2018 16:24 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have slower motion during playback of .ts videos in PowerDVD 19 Trial (latest version) when video enhancements are turned off when clicking on different places on the timebar.

Here are the links so you may download the files from Dropbox:

source .ts test file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ephttoqyeo6b7vh/Victoria%20ITV%20HD%20103%202019-03-24%2021.00.ts?dl=0

Screen recording of lagging when clicking on timebar during playback in PowerDVD 19 Essential Trial
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzwyxjl1qbdrbne/Screen%20Recording%20of%20PowerDVD%2019%20Essential%20Trial.mp4?dl=0

In the Screen Recording video you will see that the playback starts normally without issue in PowerDVD 19 but the video turns to slower motion when clicking on different places on the timebar during playback with video enhancements turned off.

The source .ts test file was recorded from TV with the freeware SichboPVR.

Thank you.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue when playing with powerdvd 19.

As the video is recorded from freeware, the configuration is very flexible, have you ever tried other common video profiles to record the streaming video?

Pick a profile that won't cause this issue to workaround.
Steve445 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2018 16:24 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply, and for confirming you also have this issue.

I should clarify that SichboPVR is recording from a Hauppauge TV Tuner in lossless .ts video.

The slower motion in the .ts videos seems to be a drop in fps but it doesn't occur with any .mp4 video I've tried, only with .ts videos AND with video enhancements turned off. With video enhancements turned on, the issue doesn't occur. The slower motion also happened last year in PowerDVD 18 Trial with .ts videos only and with video enhancements turned off.