Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Save trimmed video to save space
MrHum [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2016 19:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
When I have a 5 minute clip and I save it down to 30 seconds, I want to save the file in such a way that it reduces the file size — so that it only save the new 30 second clip. I believe I need to export the file to accomplish this goal. If I import a .mov file I assume I should export it as a .mov file, but I do not know what the specs should be. Is there a way to pull up the properties of the existing clip so I can save it with the same specs? I cannot find anywhere within the program that tells me the specs of the current clip.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I have a 5 minute clip and I save it down to 30 seconds, I want to save the file in such a way that it reduces the file size — so that it only save the new 30 second clip. I believe I need to export the file to accomplish this goal. If I import a .mov file I assume I should export it as a .mov file, but I do not know what the specs should be. Is there a way to pull up the properties of the existing clip so I can save it with the same specs? I cannot find anywhere within the program that tells me the specs of the current clip.

If you right-click on a clip in the media library or on the timeline and choose View Properties, you will see the most useful details. More information is available if you download the free MediaInfo app
MrHum [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. So, next question. The properties state the clip is H.264 with a bitrate of 36.98, resolution of 1920 x 1080 and frame rate of 59.94. When I click produce to save the trimed clip I select H.264, MP4, but I am not sure of my next step. I see several 1920x1080 options, but I am not sure which version to choose.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to produce the clip with the same properties as the source choose a profile that enables the SVRT button. When the produced profile matches the source Smart Video Rendering Technology basically copies the source material unchanged to the produced file, only rendering sections that have had effects applied e.g. transitions and/or Fix/Enhance effects.

You can create your own profiles by clicking on the '+' button under Profile name/Quality.
[Thumb - Profile.jpg]
 Filename
Profile.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You did not state which version of PD you have. Mpeg 4 1920 x 1080/60p (40 Mbps) is available on my PD for that particular clip you stated the properties for.

Fenman's suggestion of using SVRT is a good one. It can also work well for different clips too.
MrHum [Avatar]
[Post New]
Power Director 13, which is probably the reason why I do not seeMpeg 4 1920 x 1080/60p (40 Mbps) option. And the SVRT does not seem to be available, as the SVRT radio button is greyed out.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Mov files can be converted to mp4 files in PD13 using SVRT provided that one know the exact properties in creating the custom profile. MediaInfo can help you to get the required properties to do so.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote SVRT does not seem to be available, as the SVRT radio button is greyed out.

SVRT will be greyed out when the Produce profile does not match the properties of the original source material. Since it is a direct copy operation it will only work when they are essentially the same.
MrHum [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your input. It looks like I will have to upgrade as I am not able to save this at a 60 FPS
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for your input. It looks like I will have to upgrade as I am not able to save this at a 60 FPS

Upgrading is fine to get more features, but you'll need to create a custom profile regardless of whether you get PD17 or keep your current version. Follow these simple instructions.