Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning videodisc with subtitles
Aerethiel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2019 02:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello !

I want to know if subtitles from my source mkv file will be added to my video disc (bluray) while burning with Power2Go ? I have two subtitles tracks and 4 sound tracks. Thanks !
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
No, Power2Go cannot burn subtitles to discs. This is something you need PowerDirector for, which I believe can only burn one subtitle track from what I know of.

David
Aerethiel [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No, Power2Go cannot burn subtitles to discs. This is something you need PowerDirector for, which I believe can only burn one subtitle track from what I know of.

David

hm, thank you. Do you know of any other software who would allow me to burn more than one subtitle/sound track? I have PowerDVD and Power2Go at the moment but it seems these two do not suffice for what I had in mind :-/.

Thank you,
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, well PowerDVD will let you use two subtitle files during playback. I just tested it again and after starting playback, I right clicked on the video, selected "Primary Subtitles", and then chose my first subtitle file. I then right-clicked again, selected "Secondary Subtitles" and then the other subtitle file.

PowerDVD doesn't burn video though, if this is your primary question.

David

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2019 23:54

Aerethiel [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Oh, well PowerDVD will let you use two subtitle files during playback. I just tested it again and after starting palyback, I right click on the video, selected "Primary Subtitles", and then choosed my first subtitle file. I then right-clicked again and select "Secondary Subtitles" and then selected the other subtitle file.

PowerDVD doesn't burn video though, if this is your primary question.

David

Indeed, I know that if I would like to watch my video on PowerDVD it would work by selecting an external (or internal) subtitle track. But since I intend to show this video with captions on a Bluray player, I need a solution which would allow me to burn a video bluray AND include the subtitle track on it. I do not unserstand why it’s not a basic feature... -_-.