Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director14 - had sound, now gone. Checked all threads in forum - still no help
8th gen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2019 08:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
M2ts files play video and audio in windows media player. I import these files into PD14 and have no sound. Checked all the basics and evething is as it should be - and had been in the past. Now I import the file with audio wav file showing but no sound is on playback. Other video format clips imported all play ok. I had a windows 10 upgrade a while back, could that be it?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Does the speaker icon under the PD14 preview window have a line through it? Is so, the sound is muted. Select the icon and then click to turn mute on or off.

Jeff
8th gen [Avatar]
[Post New]
All sound properties are unmuted. Settings are all showing that sound should playback. I have checked all the basics and settings and preferences etc and they all point to normal playback. I completed a project last month with the same files and all was well. This time . No sound in the gallery or on the timeline. All files play video and audio via win media player
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Post a pic of your entire PD14 session with something in the timeline, maybe it will provide a clue.

If the media library does not play back audio, usually sound is muted for PD, hence the speaker icon question.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Having the preview mode set to Non-realtime also mutes the audio and will show a cross through the speaker icon.

If that isn't the issue either, you could upload a sample clip to a cloud folder and post the link here to let other members test it on their systems. That and Jeff's suggestion of a timeline pic will probably get you the answer.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
8th gen [Avatar]
[Post New]
the
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
282 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Click the speaker button under the preview window and drag the white ball from the bottom to the top.
8th gen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Done that. Still no sound. Wav files enlarge etc
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is strange. If you want to put one of your m2ts files on a share somewhere I have PD14 on a current WIN10 box and will at least see if the issue is replicated. You mention your other video format clips imported all play ok, is that true in this project as well if you add one to the end of your timeline? If so, issue probably more specific to the m2ts file vs any PD or WIN audio setting we've been guessing at.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What happens if you right-click on one of the files and choose Edit Audio > Wave Editor? Do you hear anything there?

Another thing to check is whether you might have PD muted or have the volume turned way down in Windows Volume Mixer. Right click on the taskbar speaker icon:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2019 12:49

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
8th gen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Think you might be onto something with the edit audio - when I click on it leads to Audiodirector which is greyed out. That means I cant do anything with the audio unless I get the programme. Is it an add on to PD14 or should I already have it?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Think you might be onto something with the edit audio - when I click on it leads to Audiodirector which is greyed out. That means I cant do anything with the audio unless I get the programme. Is it an add on to PD14 or should I already have it?

WaveEditor was standard offering, AudioDirector was a bundled package depending on what PD14 you bought. It was included with "Director Suite" or "Ultimate Suite" products but nothing lower than that. So if you simple bought PD14 "Ultimate", "Ultra", "Deluxe", you didn't get AudioDirector. With some sale type offerings it may have been included too.

What version of PD14 do you have, click PowerDirector in upper right had corner and post the entire screen. It could be that your m2ts files have Dobly Audio and your version of PD14 does not support that audio stream.

Jeff
8th gen [Avatar]
[Post New]

WaveEditor was standard offering, AudioDirector was a bundled package depending on what PD14 you bought. It was included with "Director Suite" or "Ultimate Suite" products but nothing lower than that. So if you simple bought PD14 "Ultimate", "Ultra", "Deluxe", you didn't get AudioDirector. With some sale type offerings it may have been included too.

What version of PD14 do you have, click PowerDirector in upper right had corner and post the entire screen. It could be that your m2ts files have Dobly Audio and your version of PD14 does not support that audio stream.

Jeff

Version is Powerdirector LE [UWP} 14

Software came with laptop -
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Version is Powerdirector LE [UWP} 14

Software came with laptop -

There is the crux of your issue, LE, is a very, very limited edition, more than likely simply does not support your audio stream in your m2ts file since the sample files audio play fine. For this giveaway version it's rather hard to get a true feature support list, it's honestly below the HE3D shown here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=18607&prodId=4&prodVerId=1199&CategoryId=-1

So when you stated "had sound, now gone" in the title did you really have sound with these exact m2ts files in your PD14? I'm rather skeptical knowing you now have the LE version.

Jeff
8th gen [Avatar]
[Post New]

There is the crux of your issue, LE, is a very, very limited edition, more than likely simply does not support your audio stream in your m2ts file since the sample files audio play fine. For this giveaway version it's rather hard to get a true feature support list, it's honestly below the HE3D shown here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=18607&prodId=4&prodVerId=1199&CategoryId=-1

So when you stated "had sound, now gone" in the title did you really have sound with these exact m2ts files in your PD14? I'm rather skeptical knowing you now have the LE version.

Jeff

I had to upgrade to PD17, as the pre-loaded stuff on my v expenssive MSi laptop was not up to the job.

Thanks to everyone for their help - until next time!