Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with produced 4K H.265 M2TS video
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just got a new Canon GX10 4K H.264 60p camera and was excited to test it out at my daughter's lacrosse game on Thursday.

Everything went well, and I produced an HD H.264 version of the 48 minute clip in about 2.5 hours yesterday, then let my PC run overnight to produce a 4K H.265 version since it was going to take 6+ hours. I used a custom profile with a 60p 70Mbps bitrate (attached), and I wanted to use HEVC because the AVC 4K version would have been 50GB.

The clip is 24GB in size, and this morning I uploaded it to YT without even looking at it. However, when I tried previewing it I ran into several problems, and here's what I've found so far:

1. EDIT Apr 15: this issue was due to an error on my part. Further diagnosis is not needed There is no audio, but it's likely that I made a mistake on the timeline late last night. MediaInfo says there's 88MB in the audio track, however, and I don't get any sound from any player (VLC, WMP, Movies & TV w/paid HEVC codec), nor from within PD14 or 17. AudioDirector9 shows a completely blank stereo timeline. Maybe the 88MB is essentially all 0s.

2. On YouTube, there is also no audio, and despite fully processing the clip, the ONLY streaming resolution that appears is 360p! The video quality is excellent on all local players, though. For comparison, full audio and all resolutions are available for the HD version on YT.

3. The duration is 48:10, and YT, VLC, Movies & TV and WMP all show that that's the end of the clip (although VLC doesn't play if I manually skip to anywhere in the clip). The bigger issue is that if I import the clip into PD17 (or even PD14), the clip duration is just under 39 minutes, with the scoreboard clock showing "9:28" in the final frame:

I've uploaded the clip to OneDrive, so if you have a fast internet connection and/or plenty of patience, I'd really appreciate it if a few people could download it and see if it behaves any differently on your systems. I'm sure that there will be no audio, so I'm really looking to understand the YT and PD issues.

I'm producing a 60p HEVC MP4 version now to see if this is another issue that PD17 has with M2TS clips. If that has similar problems, I'll go back and try AVC.
 Filename
MediaInfo for Presentation main cam 4K.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo details
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
415 time(s)
 Filename
HEVC 4K 60p Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
Custom profile
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
442 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2019 12:19

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'd really appreciate it if a few people could download it and see if it behaves any differently on your systems. I'm sure that there will be no audio, so I'm really looking to understand the YT and PD issues.

Full video in both PD14 and PD17. Snapshot below from PD17, back abit, ~8sec, from the end as you faded to black.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_optodata_m2ts.png]
 Filename
PD17_optodata_m2ts.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1006 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I did check out the clip in PD17 and see the same length of 48:10:21 in both the media library and on the timeline. See the screenshot. Edited the audio in AudioDirector. Boosted the audio 96dB and hear only white noise.

See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78011.page#319689 . There is a link to fixing some no sound on YT.

Seem to recall a post maybe in another forum that a contributor had the same problem of no audio in a YT video when h.265 encoding was used. Maybe it is not something that can be fixed. Wait for a contributor’s response on this.
[Thumb - Opto_Presentation in AD.jpg]
 Filename
Opto_Presentation in AD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
There is no audio, only noise in the sound card.
 Filesize
326 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
i don't have PD17 but with PD14, there's no audio, nada, zip, zilch...

jumping around 24GB 48:10 videos with MPC-HC, i found that at 46:59-47:06 and 47:35-47:37 was very soft and it isn't 4K!
did you have the shadow files turned on?
it looks like PD17 didn't replace the shadow files with 4K HEVC H.265 files.
that's why i don't use the shadow files at all.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

Full video in both PD14 and PD17. Snapshot below from PD17, back abit, ~8sec, from the end as you faded to black.

Jeff

Thanks very much for downloading and testing. Your ability to see the full clip is at odds with what's happening on my computer. I just checked PD13 and it shows the truncated duration as well, so there must be a reason why all PD versions on my system affected while yours aren't. I don't know if it matters, but are you running PD17 v2514 or 2721?

If you have VLC installed, can you load this clip and randomly skip to anywhere on the timeline and have it play, or does the video freeze after half a second the first time you try, and then nothing else happens other than the progress bar inching along? I also see the left side counter showing 00:00 no matter where the scrubber is while the video is "playing," but if I pause it, the counter is updated whenever I click on a new location, only to reset to "00:00" when the video "plays" again.

Also, YT is only showing 360p for just this one clip, so something clearly went wrong prior to or during the streaming conversion. I can't believe it's unrelated to the issues I'm seeing.

02:30 UPDATE: More than 12 hours after I originally uploaded that clip to YouTube, all streaming resolutions are now available, so it seems that the issue is mostly on my system and not necessarily with the clip. More puzzling than before...

Meanwhile, I have no problems with the newly produced and otherwise identical MP4 version, and I expect that it will play correctly once it finishes uploading to YouTube. Whatever's going on with the M2TS clip is still a mystery.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2019 02:31

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I did check out the clip in PD17 and see the same length of 48:10:21 in both the media library and on the timeline. See the screenshot. Edited the audio in AudioDirector. Boosted the audio 96dB and hear only white noise.

See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78011.page#319689 . There is a link to fixing some no sound on YT.

Seem to recall a post maybe in another forum that a contributor had the same problem of no audio in a YT video when h.265 encoding was used. Maybe it is not something that can be fixed. Wait for a contributor’s response on this.

Thanks tomasc. I am 99% sure that I'm the cause of the missing audio. I probably should have left that part out of my post as I don't want to distract from the bigger issue.

So far it looks like only my system is impacted, so I'll have to do some more digging. Thanks very much for testing and for your feedback!

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Quote i don't have PD17 but with PD14, there's no audio, nada, zip, zilch...

jumping around 24GB 48:10 videos with MPC-HC, i found that at 46:59-47:06 and 47:35-47:37 was very soft and it isn't 4K!
did you have the shadow files turned on?
it looks like PD17 didn't replace the shadow files with 4K HEVC H.265 files.
that's why i don't use the shadow files at all.

Thanks for downloading and testing this!

Those spots actually have nothing to do with shadow files, as my new system can easily work with 4K clips. Those sections are soft because I used a wide field view from a co-mounted HD camera to fill in the scenes where I accidentally lost track of the ball. I also had to zoom in ~2x to get the players large enough to reasonably match the main cam view, so the video definitely got fuzzier there.

As you can see from the surrounding scenery, losing the ball was really easy to do at that game because the field had no bleachers and I was right down on the sidelines. I was also trying to watch the LCD screen in mostly bright sunlight.

BTW, here's what my recording setup looks like:

That's a Yi Action+ 4K 60p 155° camera mounted to my HD 60p Canon with a shotgun mic mounted to my new 4K 60p Canon, all on a fluid pan head tripod with a controller arm. The tripod in the background held another HD 30p Canon for the scoreboard. Maybe I've gone a little overboard, but that's what it takes to make comprehensive videos like this! cool

YouTube/optodata

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
beauty.

' awe optodata, you shouldn't have... how did you know it was my birthday??? ... ^^ laughing

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
[Post New]
Quote beauty.
' awe optodata, you shouldn't have... how did you know it was my birthday??? ... ^^ laughing

Just a lucky guess. Besides, I figured everybody was getting you tons of Pepsi, so why not go for something different? cool

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2019 15:39

YouTube/optodata

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata -

Late to the discussion & you may have resolved this already, but I just wanted to confirm (as others have) that your video plays the full duration here (00;48;10;21) in every version of PDR I could lay my hands on.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Late to the discussion & you may have resolved this already, but I just wanted to confirm (as others have) that your video plays the full duration here (00;48;10;21) in every version of PDR I could lay my hands on.

Thanks for confirming, Tony. As everyone else is able to see the full duration, I have reported the issue on ticket CS002012490 to see if tech support can help me understand what's going on with my system.

This was my first long video using 4K H.265 and there were a lot of new variables.

The biggest lesson for me is that it may take up to 1 day for YouTube to process 4K HEVC videos and make all resolutions available. That was completely unexpected, especially since I waited until after the the "Processing" message on the upload webpage had finished before checking. Even stranger (to me) is that the M2TS version initially was only available in 360p, while my 2nd upload of an MP4 version was available in HD and below, but not in UHD until the next day foot-in-mouth

Up until now, I've usually produced to HD or 4K H.264. Even with similar length videos, YouTube's processing takes less than an hour, so that's something I'll be sure to factor in when deciding how to produce and upload my upcoming 4K projects.

Thank you all for your assistance!

YouTube/optodata