Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My RAW images once IMPORTED turns reddish
vdnguyen81 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Oakland, CA Joined: Apr 08, 2019 13:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello you guuys, this has been a problem for quite a while. All my imported raw images turns red/orange after transfer to photodirector. It's really frustrating. Updates are up to date. Can anybody help me with this problem? Thanks in advance

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2019 20:42

Vinh Nguyen
[Post New]
Hello vdnguyen81,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Members could certainly help confirm or deny the issue if you could provide details of your specific camera (brand & model). Without that information, it's impossible to assist.

"This has been a problem for quite a while." Are you using PhD10/365? or an earlier version? That will make a difference.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2019 14:54

PIX YouTube channel
vdnguyen81 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Oakland, CA Joined: Apr 08, 2019 13:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello vdnguyen81,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Members could certainly help confirm or deny the issue if you could provide details of your specific camera (brand & model). Without that information, it's impossible to assist.

"This has been a problem for quite a while." Are you using PhD10/365? or an earlier version? That will make a difference.

PIX

Hello, I am using a Nikon D7200. I have an old Photo Director 6. Should I download the newer one? Vinh Nguyen
[Post New]
I'm sorry, I don't have PhD6 installed any longer & haven't been able to locate and installer file for it.

I can tell you that PhD7 & later versions ALL dispaly .NEF files from Nikon D7200 correctly. I'm unable to test PhD6, but would assume that you're likely to be better off with a more current version.

Nikon D7200 released April '15. PhD6 released October '14. It would appear the PhD6 patches haven't kept pace with the market.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I still have PhD 6, and I downloaded a couple of raw D7200 (.nef) images from this website. They both show beautifully on my system:

Full size images are attached.

I'm posting this not to discourage you from upgrading to PhD10 (there are many improvements), but it's possible that whatever is causing the issue with PhD 6 may also interfere with PhD10. Downloading the trial version should tell you if PhD10 is the answer.
[Thumb - Phd6 #2.jpg]
 Filename
Phd6 #2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen capture #2
 Filesize
182 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Phd6.jpg]
 Filename
Phd6.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen capture #1
 Filesize
224 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Thanks to the kind help of a colleague, I've re-installed PhD6.

The .NEF files from Nikon D7200 I've tested have shown varying results in PhD6, which may be related to camera settings.

As optodata showed, some .NEFs display perfectly well. What I've found is that some do have the pinkish tinge referred to by vdnguyen81.

I believe Nikon D7200 can shoot 12-bit or 14-bit raw files, which may be compressed or uncompressed. Perhaps it's 14-bit .NEFs causing the problem.

As I reported earlier, later versions of PhD do not have this display issue. That bicycle photo, for example, looks perfectly "normal".

PIX PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, I didn't think to compare RAW with JPG! I had noticed a slightly pinkish tinge to both images, but I thought that was the true color. The website had a JPEG copy of the tower bridge, and in PhD 6, there are noticeable differences in hue:

I would also say there are noticeable differences in contrast and a subtle shift in hue in PhD 10:

Both photos look identical in the Win10 Photos app, but IrfanView64 shows similar differences as PhD 10. Kind of a mixed bag over here

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
TXTalon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2023 19:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello you guuys, this has been a problem for quite a while. All my imported raw images turns red/orange after transfer to photodirector. It's really frustrating. Updates are up to date. Can anybody help me with this problem? Thanks in advance

I am having this same problem, using the Canon EOS R6 Mark 2 and taking images in RAW. I'm currently using Photo Director ver 14.1.1130.0 (64-bit). Once I import my images into Photo Director, all of my images have a red tint to them. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks!
[Thumb - Screenshot (2).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (2).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
This is something that Cyberlink will have to address. I suggest you report the issue to them here, and attach a sample clip so that they can do the proper testing before they release a patch.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TXTalon -

That's strange. I don't have PhD14, but .CR3s from Canon R6 display properly in PhD365. The R6 has been around for a few years.

I agree you should report this to CL. Here is a folder containing some sample files from the R6 (including the ones in the screenshot above).

Could you post a screenshot of how the CR3s display in PhD14?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2023 17:17

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day again -

First up - an aplogy - I misread your post embarassed - I was going on about the R6 but neglected to read the "Mark II" bit. Silly me. I was wrong.

You're right. CR3s from Canon R6 Mkii don't display properly in PhD14 or PhD365.

I'm currently using Photo Director ver 14.1.1130.0 (64-bit)

Is that right? I've since installed & updated PhD14 & the latest build is 1514.

Cheers & apologies - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!