Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wavy horizontal lines that look like mirage
Chadima [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2019 07:00 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased Power2go 12 to use to burn blue ray discs through my Asus blue ray burner. The burner came with power2go 8 and I succeded to burn a video Verbatim BD-R disc that came out perfect. Since it was probably a trial offer program I had to purchase the12 version since I liked the quality and ease of the burn. Video had a video format H264 and file format MPEG-4e. After many attempts I get a wavy video that looks like a mirage. Not even close to my first video which was perfect. What am I missing? The video is downloaded from my Windows 10 and when I preview it on the computer there are no wavy lines. When I preview it in Power2go 12 it looks wavy like the disc burn. The program is rather simple and I don't see how any adjustments can be made to correct this. Any help would be appreciated.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
>>The video is downloaded from my Windows 10 and when I preview it on the computer there are no wavy lines.
Where was the video downloaded from?
Maybe I can have a check on the source video.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
You could also deselect the "Enable hardware video encoder" option and see if that makes a difference. There are several reports on this forum of GPU encoding causes related video issues on video.

If that doesn't work, ensure you GPU driver is up to date (from the web site) and see if that improves the video quality.

David
Chadima [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote >>The video is downloaded from my Windows 10 and when I preview it on the computer there are no wavy lines.
Where was the video downloaded from?
Maybe I can have a check on the source video.

The videos are downloaded from a drones 4k camera. If I use my Windows 10 computer to burn these videos, they come out fine. Not as good as the first one that I burned on my blue ray burner on BD-R but still no wavy content. What I don't understand is how my only burn from Power2go 8 was perfect but when I went to Power2go 12 it started producing wavy videos. It shows up wavy ing when previewing the videos to burn. It's almost as if the change needs to be made in Power2go 12 settings.
Chadima [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You could also deselect the "Enable hardware video encoder" option and see if that makes a difference. There are several reports on this forum of GPU encoding causes related video issues on video.

If that doesn't work, ensure you GPU driver is up to date (from the web site) and see if that improves the video quality.

David

David, I looked and couldn't find "enable hardware video encoder" on my windows 10. The computer is brand new so should be up to date. My graphics card is an intell (R) UHD graphics 630. Do you know how I find enable hardware video encoder on Windows 10 or do I need to do it through an added program from Microsoft?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
On the Power2Go screen top right You should see a button that looks like a gear. That is the Preference Button to click. Go to the Video Settings tab shown on page 83 in your User Manual. Under gpu acceleration preferences disable both the Enable hardware decoding and the Enable hardware encoding.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]

David, I looked and couldn't find "enable hardware video encoder" on my windows 10. The computer is brand new so should be up to date. My graphics card is an intell (R) UHD graphics 630. Do you know how I find enable hardware video encoder on Windows 10 or do I need to do it through an added program from Microsoft?

As tomasc said. the hardware encoding options are within Power2Go settings, not in Windows. After you select Video Disc - Blu-ray Disc to enter the video burning window, click on the "Burning" menu option near the top right and then select "Settings". There you will find the two options he mentioned.

David
Chadima [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to all who replied. I apologise for not being on sooner but I spent the last two days in the hospital. Anyways, I figured what the problem was. In disc preference on power2go, I originally checked 1920x1080/60i. When I checked 1920x1080/24p the video came out right. I forgot about i in 1920x1080/60i stood for interlacing video.